Monday, August 26, 2024

She was first

 Sherry went to see her Doctor today,  She likes him but most times says, he is not a doctor, but a Dr. Assistant.  I usually comment that most times I feel I would rather see a nurse, they seem to be more realistic than a doctor anyway. LOL

I am sure my Dr doesn't read this.  LOL again.

My girl has suffered for the past couple weeks with bad pains in her hip area.  I tell her they are to pretty to hurt!!!!!

But I know she has been in much pain.  So Mr. Dr. said it is Ortho Arthritis, do not take Ibuprofen but stick with   Tylenol and watch your blood pressure.  He wants her BP records for the next two weeks, when she must go back.

She is getting a little relief.  I am helping some around here.

I get my blood work done in two days then a few days later I will see my doctor.

I can use my arm more,  not sure I will ask him about it, yet.  I don't want to tie us up with more dr. appts. LOL

We do have reservations up in Pennsylvania near Lancaster. over our anniversary and are hoping to be able to enjoy the Play at Sight and Sound  for our  68th wedding anniversary.  I think I am counting right.  We were married Sept 22, 1956.  She was the most beautiful bride in the world.  I do have a right to my opinion.  ;-),  And I have always had an eye for beauty.

Nite Shipslog

11 comments:

Mevely317 said...

First, I was DELIGHTED to see your comment last evening -- thank you!
Gosh, we can relate to what Sherry's experiencing. 🥺 I've osteo arthritis in my back that's manageable with Aleve and Frankincense oil, but Tom's hip's a whole 'nother thing. He can barely get around and I'm hoping we'll get answers at his appointment next month. He, too, was told not to take anything but Tylenol. Lifting prayers for both of you, and in case I forget, Happy Early Anniversary!!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So sorry to hear about Sherry's pain. I have the same thing. Only mine is sometimes in my hips, sometimes the knees and sometimes in the ankles. It seems to travel around and sometimes it's all three. I do take tylenol and it seems to do the trick. Hope it helps Sherry too. You both amaze me with what you do anyway. Hope you get to enjoy your anniversary in PA. Good luck with your appointments!

Chatty Crone said...

I have missed you. So, with Sherry did they mention a hip replacement? And that Tylenol will help? I might get a second opinion - I have had lots of experience with all this.
I hope too - that you get to PA - 68 years - awesome.

HappyK said...

Sorry to hear about Sherry's pain. Hope she gets some relief.
Lancaster is about 3 1/3 hours away from where I live.

Lisa said...

I hate to hear Sherry is in pain but glad to hear your arm is a little better. Getting older is so unpredictable. Just keep on keeping on.

From over here,
Lisa

Susie said...

Jack, My brother , who was in the Army for 28 years, said his wife paid for their licenses when they married. He said it was $5.00. They have been married 63 years. I think she got her money's worth. LOL I pray you and your sweet lady can go to celebrate your 68 years. Happy Anniversary early from me. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Anonymous said...

As your other "fans" have said, I am so sorry to hear that our precious Sherry is enduring pain, my sympathies on that one. When I had hip surgery, my brother Harry assisted me with walking after the ordeal. However, it was the best operation I've ever had, very successful. And, a shout out to Ms. Mevely, as I'd not heard that Frankincense oil was effective for pain, recently tore up my wrists toting downed, soaking wet palm fronds to the burn pile to dry out. I wrenched both wrists, ow! I searched, found an unopened bottle of the oil and liberally massaged it in. Within half an hour, I was pulling weeds with no pain. Truth!

Congratulations, and best wishes for a grand Anniversary you two lovebirds, enjoy your celebration in PA, I am sending love and prayers to you two. Glenda

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I am praying for Sherry and for you right now; for early healing and relief of pain, and for whatever you both desire. Happy Anniversary my friends. God bless you and your family always.

Anonymous said...

As a follow-up, I have had great success with the frankincense oil and am as always, I'm delighted with the information shared on your Blog! I do want to say that the oil has greatly improved my mobility...Jack, you're a conduit to helping the world, as always! Love and warm hugs from Okeechobee, FL. Glenda

Spare Parts and Pics said...

I really enjoyed this post. Wow, 68 years!!! Sounds to me like you're a very lucky man, and a big part of your "luck" is appreciating what you have. Hoping Sherry's arthritis pain improves soon.

yaya said...

I'm sorry your sweet Gal is suffering with hip pain. I have osteo and it's no picnic though physical therapy has helped. Ibuprofen can raise BP but Tylenol doesn't do much for me. I hope you both are feeling better soon and can celebrate that anniversary and have a wonderful time! You're an inspiration to many with how you have lived your life with enthusiasm and love. Hugs from Ohio!