Wednesday, September 4, 2024

My time, I was second

  My time, I was second

Pic of the day;

I am feeling like this old man after seeing a doctor whose great grandpa I could be!


 For today…

Yesterday was my time to see the doctor. I was disappointed, my doctor was traveling, so I met with his substitute.  She did not have BAD news, but neither did she have GOOD news. 

For the first time I saw a Dr. who was not proud of my blood work.  She asked if I had any complaints and I mentioned I am noticing cold temps now; before my Covid, loss of weight experience I could always stand cold weather with no complaint. She wasn’t very clear about the situation but said it like I should know, “Well sir, you are anemic, and with a low red blood count that feeling cold is common.”

“I AM ENIMIC?” I asked.

She went on to say my Red blood count is low and she was prescribing Iron and Vitamin C.

I have always pictured an anemic person as no energy, and sickly.  She said I will tire easily because I do not have enough Reds to carry the oxygen to my lungs and body parts where needed.

I sorta informed the young lady that I am probably the most energetic OLD man she has ever known.  I do not stop working much.

NOW FUNNY THING!!  TODAY, I HAVE WORKED GATHERING LIMBS, breaking AND BURNING THEM, it is only 3 PM and I am tired.  LOL  MEthinks it is the power of suggestion.  ;-)

A lady at church suggested I eat  beef liver (I love liver and onions!!), she said it helped her be less anemic.  Now that I think of it, I must like pork liver because at our home that would be what we had from ‘hog killing’ time. At least I hope hog liver is even better for my problem than beef.

I would rather eat food to help me but I will take the meds she has prescribed.


Are you or have you  been Anemic?

Nite Shipslog

PS

Things must not be bad, she said I could talk it over with my Doctor NEXT YEAR,.  I have an appt On Sept 2025!

LOL  Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate the concern and any suggestions...love you guys.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-pty-browser_wavebrowser&ei=UTF-8&hsimp=yhs-browser_wavebrowser&hspart=pty&param1=20240114&param2=4da1d2f6-031e-49a8-8849-7655140f1279&param3=wav-cvt%7EUS%7Eappfocus1%7E&param4=d-cp20278471669-lp0-obgc-wav-igCCvhvZZykONfCHztkmQ-ab15-w64-btB-k3-vosox-capn-ineco1-spqlgroup-wn104-perf-brwsr-ntb-ntp%7EChrome%7Eanemia+icd+10%7EB2D7D7656EB4E5153688637C8FBF7B49%7EWin10&p=anemia+icd+10&type=A1-brwsr-%7E2024-3%7E#id=1&vid=326282ba75dc25084faf242ae48baf66&action=click
Jack, sorry to read this, been checking in almost every day to see how y'all are doing. I do hope all will be well with both of you and your boys....lotsa love from Chobee. Have had company, Brother Kenecon was here, we had a great visit, so good to see that boy! It's almost 1 a.m. and this chick is turning into a pumpkin, night night.

Anonymous said...

Uh OH!!! One has to >click to get to the Yahoo page w/Youtube video re anemia Love y'all, Glenda

Anonymous said...

BTW, due to time of entry, this country gurl didn't view the info, just copied and pasted...duh. Went back and the "C" word was brought up. Prayers going up for your total health.
Thinking of you Darnell's with lots of love and warm hugs as you move through this hurdle. Again, lots of LOVE from Chobee.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I'm praying for your good health and for Sherry and family. God bless.

Mevely317 said...

I do believe the power of suggestion is real. That said, so is the power of prayer!
I know little to nothing about anemia, but appreciate the wealth of information one can find on the web. Just be careful where you look (heh-heh). To answer your question, no. I've never been anemic -- but back in 1961 I read the story of Janis Babson in Readers Digest and was convinced I had leukemia. (See what I mean about the power of suggestion?)

Chatty Crone said...

I think if you take the iron, you will get better. I was so low once I had to take IV infusions for a while. Which led to another diagnosis of something. So do what the doctor says and eat liver!
I have missed you. Glad you checked in.

yaya said...

Yes, I've been anemic when I was younger but good now. Do what your Doc says and I know you'll do fine. You are energetic so do what you can and don't feel guilty if a nap should creep your way. They say taking a short one daily is good for you! (that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!) My Mom used to say to never stop or else they will get you. Not sure who "they" are but she was a mover and groover for all of her life. Take care you two and I hope more travel is in your future!

HappyK said...

I was anemic when I was pregnant and I had to take iron pills.

Lisa said...

That disappointing to get a different doctor. Especially if she was a newer younger one. They are fast to throw the meds and make assumptions.

Take the iron and vitamin C and do what Sherry says and you will be fine.
Lisa



salemslot9 said...

Hi Jack!
When my mom was younger
she was told to eat liver
she didn't make it at home
she'd order it at restaurants
she always did more
than all of us combined
I hope you choose beef
Leviticus health laws
in the Bible