Tuesday, September 10, 2024

A good time

 


Pic of the day;

 


 For today…

We had a great time, I was nervous, but I did finally hit my stride and enjoyed the time.  No video, sorry.  We old folk don’t exactly know how to do that stuff. LOL

I started my session with how I think we men have pushed too much of our responsibilities about home and church on the ladies.  Our SS teachers are mostly women. As a matter of fact the seniors activities are directed by women.  I was asked to speak here today, by a sweet lady.  If money is to be raised, the women do it.  Most churches are paid for by the efforts of the ladies.  Most, if not all, are NEVER paid.

I wove that into our homes and what the Mothers mean to a home. I said, “I had a great daddy, but I know that my mama raised me.”

I ended with the poem by Foss The House by the side of the Road and the one “It takes a heap O Living In a House to make a Home” by Edgar Guest.

Picture for today is above.

Everyone seemed to have a good time.  Thanks for stopping by.

Nite Shipslog

PS 

LOL  Thanks for all the comments, love you guys.

10 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well done and many congratulations. I wish I was there to hear you; (and share a beer afterwards).

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Congratulations, Jack (and Sherry)! You make a good point about gender roles; even our Pastor and a few others I know are women.
I join Victor in wishing I was there!

Anonymous said...

Jack, YOU LOOK GREAT!!! And the drawing is lovely, reminds me of days gone by. So happy to see y'all back on here, I will be checking back to see if I missed a report from Pennsylvania. Warm hugs to all, love from Chobee, Glenda

Chatty Crone said...

Looks like you did a GREAT job. Wish they would talk more about Mother's on Mother's Day - lol.

Anonymous said...

The drawing looks great dad.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad everything went well! I think you've done that enough times that now you are a pro at it! Good for you giving all of us women those kind thoughts!

Susie said...

I was talking with my daughters after we went to lunch two weeks ago...I said I do not know who ever said women were the weaker sex, but it sure is not this group right here. I am proud of how strong and brave my girls have been. (Thank you mommy, for making me strong) Oh my daughter Liz said it was some man who made that quote up about women. Sorry boys, she may be right. Lost my SIL this past Sunday. Brother married her 63 years ago. She did raise their 3 daughters, while he was always in service , when she could not follow. Did a fine job also. Thanks for giving us women credit for most of the child rearing. Blessings, hug your sweetie, xoxo, Susie

Spare Parts and Pics said...

You are looking good!! Yes, the world would very quickly fall apart without women, no doubt about it.

yaya said...

I love the pic and you're looking marvelous! Yep, us women rule the world! Ha! However, I do like think we truly have a partnership with the men...atleast here in our house we try. I'm sure you gave a great talk! Have a good week Jack!

Lisa said...

Looks like you still got it Jack.

Lisa