Picture of the day:
Now for today:
I was born just about 10-15 miles west of here in the South part of the town of Gastonia, NC. The seventh child (5 of us survived) of an humble preacher and his wonderful wife. From there Dad moved us to Shelby, High Shoals, Burlington, Albemarle, Valdese and finally to a parsonage in Belmont where Sherry was waiting on me. LOL
So I never experienced having a 'hometown'. I guess that put the 'wild goose blood in me.'
As my part, if I could ever settle, it would not have to be in any particular place. That said, since my girl knows MANY families here and this is her 'place of comfort'; so I guess WHEN WE SETTLE down, it will be here. Will it be this house? Who the heck knows. The last THREE that I built for us, have, at the time, been the LAST ONE! LOL
This home landing was one of the best. Our sons were here to help move everything back into the house. Jack Jr also had a meal for us. He made sure mama stayed off that knee also.
BTW Sherry just told me her legs felt much better today. ;-). And they are still the prettiest legs I ever saw! And I never saw above her ankles until we were married. And like every other boy with his sweetheart, I sure tried!! LOL
I hope to clean this coach up and put a FOR SALE sign on it. NO, I am not giving up, (I don't think.) Unless I have a big change of mind, I want one more. LOL Sorry, my heart still wants to go where the wild goose goes, in my last years.
Nite Shipslog
PS: Thank you so much for your comments and thoughts. I am feeling pretty good. And really, I think Sherry's knee is improving. She will see her Dr. this coming Monday. Hopefully something can be done to level her blood pressure down, it is like a YOYO, up and down.


No comments:
Post a Comment