In 1954 dd moved us to Belmont, NC. I met a sweet pretty girl named Margaret. Margaret had a great brother **Harold ( Called Woodsy on the School ball team.). He went on to be a pro baseball player. They lived on the Climax Mill Village. Thru those two I came in contact with most of the kids around my age group. One of the guys was called Newt. He was unique and had a great DRY humor. Many of those folks have passed away.
I am not much on FaceBook but I went there today and read this:
10 FUN FACTS:
I had to laugh at the #1 because my mama thought I could. I remember many times she said, "Jackie, look behind your ears, that is dirt!"
WE see Newt once a week at church when we are in Belmont. He sits on the front row, For some reason the preacher always sees over Newt's head, and hits me every Sunday. I might just move up front with Newt!
Not as hot here in Florida today. One day it was actually cool, overcast and a little drizzle.
Nite Shipslog
PS: **Harold met and married a sweet girl in Michigan. He quit pro ball. He told me once, "Baseball is not good for a married life. Most of your year is away from home in one hotel room after another.


1 comment:
LOL at 10 fun facts. Of course I had to try breathing through my nose with my tongue out!!
Post a Comment