Saturday, August 22, 2026

Just wondering or maybe that wandering,

This is Paul Anderson of Toccoa, GA. Listed once as the strongest man in the world. Dad said once in the general store someone told Paul, "If I wuz you I would go out in the Smokies and catch the biggest bear there and bring him home."  Dad said Paul smiled and said, "Hey Jim there are some little bears out there too!  Maybe you could get one!"

WE all see things our way.

 

Now for today....

Ever wonder what YOU DO NOT KNOW?   I am noticing I cannot express my feelings and thoughts as I once could. (Or at least, thought I could.)

I have learned if I do not agree with something or someone if I try to let them know how I feel, I feel sorta stupid.  So I  keep my mouth shut on controversial subjects (That should have read, I TRY to keep my mouth shut! ;-( )

I have harped so much to my lady about protecting her Knee, I have become a worry wart!  BTW  she declares she is doing well.

I feel like I have been given the 'death Sentence', and I know that is not true.  But when Drs give you an opinion, stated from facts, it shakes your mind.

I cannot forget a call from a brother in law Jim. In that call he said, "Jack the Dr. just gave me a death sentence, I have esophageal cancer. He says there is no cure. But I plan to beat it.  He did not.

I remember my hero John Wayne said, I will beat this!  Neither did he beat it.

Anyway I am still wondering, what is next.  It seems about every day (in my mind)  another little thing, bruise, spot or sore pops up.  Today it was just a small dot with a scab in the exact spot where the Merkel Cell was removed, and it started in my mind again.  LOL  Yep I am crazy.  But imma tell you, you cannot stop your brain from working. ;-).

Forgive me, I just need to vent I guess.  In truth I have NOT seen nor felt seriously that I am seeing the trouble pop up again.

I thought today, 'Hey I should go to a gym for old folk and see If I can build my body up some.' I have laughed at that in the past, saying I get enough exercise!  But maybe working does not work the right muscles.  

Sorry, just wandering... 

Just smile at an old man's words.

Nite Shipslog


1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

Jack, unfortunately I guess - I am very similar to you. But hey, we are human and I think God understands. We are not perfect and our mind wanders to the unknown. Be kind to yourself.