1. Carter was the best ‘one on one’ negotiator, we have ever had. The Camp David Accords have brought about the only meaningful peace in the Middle East. That being between Israel and Egypt, which still holds.
2. He has always been considered by polls to be one of the most honest men to hold that office, whether the best president or not.
3. He was a genius mentally; he had the highest IQ of any president, one point above JFK. He also signed the SaltII arms Treaty.
4. And personally, I liked his colorful brother Billy.
2. He is credited with ending the Cold War.
3. He handled the traffic controllers strike like a champ.
4. In 1984 won every state except Minnesota.
5. He is credited with having the Berlin wall torn down.
2. He worked to increase federal spending for education, childcare, and advanced technology research.
3. In dealing with the environment, Bush reauthorized the Clean Air Act, requiring cleaner burning fuels. He quarreled with Congress over an eventually signed bill to aid police in capturing criminals, and signed into law a measure to improve the nation's highway system.
4. He presided over the successful Gulf War to re-establish our ally Kuwait.
5. He was a WWII hero.
I will cease with the presidents I have known here. I may continue after a break.
Thanks for coming by the log.
As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters never point the wrong way.