To finish up with the presidents all of us have known. Yes they all had their faults. They all made mistakes, BUT they all did some good. Continuing with the one some called ‘Slick Willy’.
Bill Clinton… The campaign rhetoric against him was: He was touted as a ladies’ man. The ‘Boy Governor’ cannot be taken seriously. Look, he is a crook, check the Rose law firm ETC. BUT:
1. Some say he was the best Republican president the Democrats ever elected.
2. Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 and cut taxes on 15 million low income families.
3. Clinton presided over the longest period of peace-time economic expansion in American history, which included a balanced budget and a federal surplus
4. He left office with the highest approval rating of any president.
1. No Child Left Behind Act…. With Bi-partisan support.
2. Medicare Act of 2003…. With Bi-partisan support
3. Was applauded for his handling of the Terrorist attacks on the Twin Towers and Pentagon.
1. To date he has successfully passed his Health Care Bill. According to many this is a turn in his presidency. He has done what every president since the 1900’s has tried to do. It definitely does not satisfy everyone. But it is passed.
2. Most commentators agree that this is the first real accomplishment of his presidency.
3. His wife, Michelle is fighting obesity in America, which is laudable. WE are an obese nation and something needs to be done.
Oh well folk, that is the presidents I have known. No, I did not like them all. I certainly did not like many of the things that were done in every administration. But they were elected by my fellow Americans (No matter how mislead YOU GUYS were LOL).
As I have said, many blacks expected more out of our present president. I stated several times when he was campaigning, they will be disappointed as a whole, because black or white he is still a politician. Candidates for the presidency make many promises. They should be held to account for every promise. They are supposed to be smart enough to know what they can reasonably do.
A friend of mine who spent some time in prison, said he had a friend inside who was prone to say, ‘Lie to me man, I love it when you lie to me!’ I think sometimes we voters are like that.
I won’t keep on since this is growing much more than I wanted. But what I am trying to say is no matter who is in, something good will come from it. So fuss about politics if you want to, but it is going to go as our leaders want it, and we the FREE will just go along for the ride. UNTIL we are pushed too far.
And in the end we may go down, but it will not be without a fight, we love our freedom too much.
Thanks for stopping by the LOG.
My mind works like lightning, One brilliant Flash and it is gone.
Two parties keep our country from becoming a dictatorship, three would be better! IMHO