Friday, August 23, 2013

Play work….

Time to fix my  boo-boo from Las Vegas where I backed the motor home into the little FIT.

INTO WYOMING 013

The damage was more an aggravation than a lot of damage. You know these plastic cars, well l gouged and put deep scratches in the plastic bumper

001

The job really isn’t hard. But I had never worked with plastic before, so I had to make sure the materials would be compatible with plastic.  Once that was done I sanded the area down and filled the damage with body putty. it dries fast and can be sanded in a few minutes. Then give it a coat or two or primer.

002

Then 5 or 6 coats of matching paint, feathering the edges a little farther out each time. Last 4 coats of clear sealer.  Not perfect but I am satisfied. (smile). Now most of my boo-boo is gone.

While I was at it I fixed a corner of the motor home that I dinged up on the trip.

Two more jobs down and still the Entrance steps to be done. I have been eliminating some things on that job, and seems, as always, it is headed for the small computer controller.  We shall see.

oh yeah, we have been enjoying the visits of the humming birds, about 5 ft. from our window.  They also come while we are sitting on the deck outs side.  I am learning a lot of what most of you kjow already. I was surprised to see a bee run the hummer off.  Anyway that is adding to the fun.

Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I have decided that time doesn’t go by faster as we age. BUT after 70 you actually age 3 years with with the passage of just one.

Maybe after 70 we live in human years and age in dog-years.Winking smile

**********************************************************

68camar

the 1968 Camaro

16 comments:

shirl72 said...

Glad you got the Fit fixed. That is
hard to say together. (Fit fixed)

Speaking of Hummingbirds. They are
fighting over my feeder..that is a surprise it is large enough to share. They are still eating at 8:00. They are fun to watch but they need to share. There is a bee hanging around but no trouble. I can't figure what the bee is doing just crawling on the railing like it is searching for something. They are entertaining.





Chatty Crone said...

I hope we don't go three years at the end with one year. LOL

Nice job on the paint and the dent - pretty good.

Have a good weekend.

sandie

Paula said...

Layghing @ Shirl's tongue twister. I bet you're glad that job is done and looks nice.

TARYTERRE said...

GREAT JOB on the fit. Didn't know bees scared off hummingbirds.

Dar said...

Birds and the bees are fun to watch. On one of my recent entries, I showed a bee so heavy with pollen that he couldn't gain flight. and yes, the bees will fight for food just like the hummers. A friend on the flowage has hummingbird feeders all along her deck, about a foot apart and does she ever have the entertainment. she sure goes through the sugar for them.
You saved yourself a bundle by doing the touch-ups on the Fit by your self-sufficient Jack-of-all-Trades.
Proud of ya. You remind of my handy man. Love you guys.
Life is Good

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Great job! Well done! I love seeing the hummers too. Lots of entertainment for sure. I'll miss them when they fly south sometime in September. That isn't far away at all now.

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...

Well Jack, while you were fixing cars, Joe had his mechanical work done, They took the old unit completely out and replaced it with a new drfib,pacemaker, and battery. He is doing well after I got him home after a more harrowing ride. I DROVE!! Thanks for your well wishes and he should be good for about 8 more years. If you have time to read my shoert blog today you will see that he was still independent Joe.

Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lucy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mevely317 said...

Welcoming home, Jack and Sherry! How I'm enjoying catching up on your observations while "rewinding" (home) ... and of course, the photos. Stella is adorable!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs from Phoenix,
Myra


Louis la Vache said...

Nice job on the Fit! :-)