Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Problems? Nah, it is good to be Alive.

When we arrived here I told everyone who would listen, this was a hard landing.  I have now fixed the awning pull that broke. I also have had to replace the electrical connections because the breaker kept kicking.

Yesterday the commode flushing return spring  broke.  It is still useable, we didn’t have to get  the ‘chamber’ out. LOL.

leak2

The latest? We had a heavy rain for a couple hours, I would imagine 2” fell. That developed a leak in the bedroom. It did a big soaking of our ‘Sleep-sack’.  That is like a double sleeping bag which lays on top of our made up bed and makes ‘bed making’ a breeze (even for a man).

So out into the rain to get my trusty Milwaukee Screw Gun. Then using the jacks tilt the coach to allow the rain to run off faster.

Now, I must say this, I DO NOT MIND working in the bedroom of a beautiful lady when she is dressed (or undressed) for bed. It does slow down the job, but it makes it much more pleasant.Winking smile (Yeah I admit it, beautiful bodies are great gifts of God, this one is for me to enjoy.)

I got the leak fixed. Sheets dried, Bed sack dried, Sherry went to sleep and I am happy it was no worse. If it has been worse we would have just opened the couch and slept in the living room and taken care of everything the next day.

It has taken some time, but I have slowly gotten to the place where I don’t look at every problem as a catastrophe.  I am still short tempered at times and there are times I want to yell some real bad words, but don’t. I wish I could have known what I know, at 30 years of age, don’t you?

Let me tell you about William Pressley. I always asked him how Elvis was doing. His answer was ‘He is doing great but this playing dead is getting to him.’ (of course they were no kin).

William was my dry wall man. He worked alone and always did a very good job. One morning he called and said, “Mr. Darnell, I know you need  that job done but I have an emergency today, I will get it first thing in the morning.”

I did WANT the job done that day, and back then I was very frustrated, but an emergency is an emergency. I did not ask what.

I called around, did some rescheduling. Then I was okay, UNTIL 3:30 THAT AFTERNOON. William came driving up to my house, towing his Bass boat. I was outside and met him getting out of the truck.

“Mr. Darnell, I know I lied to you, but you have got to see this.”  Back at the boat, from the live well he pulled a 14lb large mouth Bass, it was a beauty. William apologized profusely, by then  I was okay, even laughed with him

As he drove off, promising to get my job first thing, and I knew he would, I thought, ‘why can’t I do that?’ Take life that easy. I don’t plan to lie to anyone, I don’t need to, but I am learning to not take life so serious.

Thanks for coming this way.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I offered my opponents a deal: "if they stop telling lies about me, I will stop telling the truth about them".
~Adlai Stevenson campaign speech1952..

It didn’t seem to help him, Ike still won.

*************************************************

1979 Firebird

1979 Fire Bird by Pontiac…

7 comments:

Jackie said...

No more problems for Jack and Sherry...but if (when) they arise, it is so good to know that you have a wonderful attitude toward them, my friend.
Sending you both great big hugs...and wishes for no more leaks, and dry bed sacks!!
J.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

i'm like you and wish I would have known what I do now at the age of 30. I spent so many angry frustrated moments, when I could have been enjoying myself. I guess that is one of the benefits of getting older. Glad you got it all fixed and have a nice dry place to sleep tonight too.

Paula said...

Glad you didn't have to get the chamber out. Then you would have to flip a coin to see who would empty it. Troubles come in three so you should be in for clear sailing now.

shirl72 said...

Glad you got everything fixed.
Paula is right everything comes in
threes maybe you will be OK till you
get home Glad you are a do-it-yourself person and can get everything done. Happy sailing

Glenda said...

Mom used to say "This too shall pass", somehow it always did. Innovative solution to leak, jacking up to form an incline, smart! Happy y'all are all fixed up.

Anonymous said...

I'm still in the "everything is a catastrophe" phase. Maybe I'll get past that someday.
It's great that you're handy and know what to do when those little problems come along.

bonnie k.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay you have had a few problems going on there - I had no thought about that. And I know what you mean about wanting to yell and say bad words. I am trying to teach my husband how to do that. How all is well now and dry. sandie