Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Johnny is on the market



So, today we went down to check on Son Mark and his roofing job.  We stopped by Friends Dallas and Marian from around York Springs, Pa. They have a sweet white lab, Lucy. I love petting that dog. She is trained and listens well. We left Lucy and took Dal and Marian with us to see Marks roofing job. Mark gave us all a drive around Port Richey and New Port Richey before lunch at Beef O’Bradys. The roof was stripped and ready for the men to start laying shingles.
Dallas is the only Man I met in the USMC that with whom we keep in contact. Sherry and I were married a week or two before them and lived very close in the Camp Geiger Trailer park in 1956-57. They were great friends.  They have a wonderful family.
After dropping them off we headed home. I love riding with my sweetheart, it is one of our favorite things.



However, I was anxious to get home because I was working on the ‘Johnny’ e-book and having a little trouble uploading the cover. But the time away from the computer gave me time to figure out how to increase the pixel count enough to be accepted. SOOOO the e-book will be available on Kindle in about 24 hours. I was able to list it for 99¢.


Not as lucky on the paper back. To get full exposure world-wide the price ended up being $10.90 thru Amazon. But they do have it as Prime.
It will be a couple weeks for me to get a supply. I am sure I will have it for less, just not sure yet. The book is 280 pages large print. I read it in 8 hours. No kidding, I do think this is my best book yet, but methinks I say that every time.  Hahahaha.

Nite Shipslog

 Chief Johnny Harris is back in his hopped up 1934 Ford as his official Chief's car.

8 comments:

Paula said...

I thought the last book was the best so this one must be really good. I'm not sure how to order it without using PayPal so when my daughter comes I will get her to show me how else I can buy it.

betty said...

Congrats on the book!!! Sounds like it was a good day all the way around; time with family and friends and a book going live! Can't get better than that!

betty

TARYTERRE said...

Just ordered my Kindle copy. Looking forward to reading it.

Lisa said...

That is so neat that you and Dallas have kept in touch through the years. Great friends.
I almost ordered your book it for Kindle but immma gonna wait and buy the covered book because I want a "signed" copy!

Let me know when its ready.
Lisa

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congratulations on the new book. Will have to read it soon. Glad you had a good time out with family and friends too. A happy day for sure !

Dar said...

A Very High Congratulations to you. I'm not surprised this is your best work yet. All of them have been 'the best.' I'm so thrilled for you.
Also, isn't it wonderful to have had such a close friendship all these years. That's because you all are such wonderful examples of what ' friend-ship ' should really be. I thank you for that.
Love from up north where the sun shines, the air is very frigid, and the sap is frozen in the taps and the buckets. Thank Goodness, tho, we will have our first batch of maple syrup in the jars by this evening. Cannot wait to pour the 100% Pure Maple Syrup on our supper pancakes.

Mevely317 said...

Ha!, Tom forgot to sign out of his Amazon account and I accidentally just downloaded Johnny to his pad. :)

Oh, I'm certain he'll enjoy it, but I still want to find it's availability in hard copy..... and get me an in-person signing someday.

Jackie said...

Looking forward to getting it and reading it.