Saturday, November 5, 2022

A wonderful lady was born this day…Nov 6, 19--!

 That Car:

 1950 Chevy coupe, straight drive, the car she drove learning to drive!


 For today Nov 6. :

I once heard a minister say, you will always remember your wife’s birthday, if you forget it one time. That is a hard lesson but I leaned first hand, that is a fact. ;-)…

This girl has always been a beauty, still is:



I carried the one above on all my cruises, in my wallet and on the wall of my rack (bunk).



She was working in a hosiery mill when we married.
She took some business courses in Norfolk, Va

She  received many awards and commendations in her later jobs.
Above I think was on her job in Cuba.  Below methinks was in Washington, DC.

Back years ago when I thought I was a preacher, I was pretty busy that day. Not sure if I was building the church or parsonage. I also had an appointment to do a Chalk Drawing for a youth group 50 miles away. That was no excuse nor a reason, because that girl is the greatest gift God ever gave me.

She is most likely one of the most deserving, self-sacrificing women today.

She has grown to really like the Vionic shoe. So a beige pair was her Birthday present.

She doesn’t know it as I type this, but I also have her a blanket. Most nights now we go to bed together, but in middle of the night she comes to the couch to read herself back to sleep.  I call it her ‘sleep-reading.’ She loves those new ‘soft as a cloud’ throw blankets.  She already has one, but this one has a message printed on it, that expresses my feelings.

Anyway HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Sherry Lucille ‘Harris’ Darnell, I LOVE YOU Sweetheart!  I would shout it out from the tallest building if I were there. 

NiteShipslog


 [Ma1]

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful bride. I hope she has a lovely day. You're a lucky man, but I know you already know that.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday to Sherry! You are right she has always been beautiful ! What a great life you two have had together. You are my favorite couple and I'm so happy you have each other ! Hope the day is full of celebrating your wonderful life together ! Love, ma

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday Sherry. And many happy returns filled with joy, good health and whatever you desire.

Great tribute, Jack. You are a wonderful man and Sherry knows it.

God bless you both and your family always.

Lisa said...

Such a sweet post. She is absolutely gorgeous. She is going to love her shoes and blanket. I love blankets!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHERRY!!!

Lisa

Mevely317 said...

Happy birthday blessings to your beauty-full lady! I can totally see that face on the cover of Good Housekeeping magazine.
That blanket sounds like a sweet surprise. I hope you'll share photos!

betty said...

Happy Birthday Sherry!! I hope you have a great day ahead and an even wonderful year ahead too! That blanket sounds "heavenly". I like the term, Jack, "sleep reading". I might have to steal that myself!

betty

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday Sherri! And many, many more.
This is my husband's birthday, my very good friend's birthday, and my minister's birthday. Funny - right.
I love Vionic shoes - they are all I can wear.

Susie said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful wife. Hold tight to each other. Blessings, xoxo, Susie