Monday, November 21, 2022

YOU are important!

 Today’s One-of-a-Kind:

 1958 Edsel Snow Plow (loader)

NOTE: I could read my e-mails for 2 days. Still could not comment on several blogs. Now the e-mails are gone again. I am used to searching (now it is googling), and every search returns 'site cannot be located.' 

Some thoughts for today:

Do you know someone that when talking to them, you FEEL like you are important? 

A few doctors I have seen give me the impression that I am the center of their mind. Others seem to have their minds somewhere else.  I believe that comes from the medical world today that says “You will see 6 patients an hour.” Sherry has a Dr. facing something like that. They are forced to retreat from the FAMILY DOCTOR, to a business.

I have had men treat me special, when I could do something for them. BUT I knew one man, S.A. Lankford, who could make me feel like I was important to him.  All the time I knew his success in the administrative world was for that reason. He was a POSITIVE people person.


Get my point? It is like the good friend who listens, REALLY listens to you. And the same goes for us, we like it when someone really listens to us.

Now that I am older I forget words MORE OFTEN. My secret, when I am typing this blog, at times I cannot think of a word and I will use xxx and come back to it. I have already done it in this entry, twice.

You KNOW many people (maybe YOU) chastise themselves.  My sweetheart is one. She puts herself down. Actually she is one of the smartest people I have known.  She sure has saved my bacon with suggestions in our marriage and corrections to my English. She was part of that Beta Club bunch in School, but to hear her say it, ‘I was just Lucky!’ HA, yeah right!

She makes me feel important….. (but she is supposed to do that. Right? LOL)

Good listeners can make us feel good about ourselves.

My sweetheart can talk on the phone for up to an hour with friends, they banter back and forth. Most men are on the phone and off in less than 5 minutes. HOWEVER Sherry has one friend from her past and church. A couple times a year they do talk,  Sherry’s side of the conversation is: “oh’, ‘yes,’ “I remember”, “ummmm” ‘You did?’ ‘great’, ‘uh huh,’ etc. Seldom does Sherry use a full sentence, and at times the call is an hour.

To some folk’s life is just “ME!”

NiteShipslog

PS: 

6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I like it when someone listens to me - I have to be honest it doesn't happen as much as I would like. I find I have to change my position and look from a different perspective!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I think we are all important. Each of us is a one of kind, unique individual. You are an important friend to me. No one could ever take your place. We do need to listen more to each other and we need to let each other know how important they are to us. Your posts always give me something to think about or remember. I'm so glad you have Sherry to keep you on the straight and narrow. No one could ever replace her in your life. She is truly one of a kind. Hope you are enjoying your warm weather. We may see 40 degrees today. A heatwave compared to what we have had.

yaya said...

I have met some wonderful physicians over my 50yrs working in healthcare. They were great to work with, learn from and they always made you feel you were an important part of the team. I have worked with the not so great also who seem to only want to make you look like an idiot. Now Docs have to make a quota to get paid as they are owned by the big corporations. That means seeing as many patients in a day as possible or what the head dudes think is possible. They forget they are working with humans..sick ones..not making widgets in a factory. So sad. I have never met you or Sherry in person but from your words I can see you are important and Sherry is wonderful. Tell her to not talk negative about herself! She sounds amazing! Stay warm and safe down south! We're getting a warm up to the 40's and eventually the 50's this week. A welcome relief! Take care!

Mevely317 said...

Preach it, Jack! Knowing or encountering what I call a Careful Listener (or reader) is a real gift. That's actually one of my key likes -- or, on the other hand, dislikes. When someone makes eye contact or leans in closer ... is a heady feeling. Sad, that doesn't happen so often anymore. People are so consumed by what's on their schedule or what they're going to say next.

Dar said...

Even in my own family, there are 'not so good 'listeners. It's hard, in return to be better. I do think I'm pretty good at listening and always being kind. It difficult if that kindness is not returned. Life sure has it's learning curves. Having met you and Sherry, we both felt you were both wonderful listeners as well as receivers of a good conversation. It's folks like yourselves, that make visiting so easy. We could tell you were both honest and genuine. We so appreciated you and love you two.
loven'hugs from up north where we also are in for a warmer week into the 40's. Stay safe and warm as you prepare for a grateful Thanksgiving.

Lisa said...

I think my doctor listens but then when I visit again, she never remembers what she told me the year before. I thought at least things are put on a chart..
Nick just went for his check up and mentioned that his meds he is on are working great with no side effects etc..
Doc called him in a renewed prescriptions with all the wrong ones. They don't listen.

Lisa