Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Bad news

Photo of the day

 Since my Grandson Ben has a Handlebar Mustache  He saw this pic and liked it.

I was a young fellow on the ship below (Uss Independence) where this picture was taken My compartment was just below that main deck...  Yeah just a short 45-50 years ago I had hair. LOL

So for today

My new job was going good.  I finally got Lexie to stay out of the house with me for 30 minutes to walk and do her business.

I was in the basement this evening, I had left the garage door open up top. I looked up ad Beth was comijg down the stairs holding Lexie and was crying. A Rottweiler up the street had attacked Lexie and she was bleeding. I petted her and she seemed ok other than the blood on the white fur. Beth said she thought a leg was broken and asked if I know any place for pet emergencies. Sherry knew of an animal hospital and told her about it but we were not sure if it would be open.

Lexie seemed very calm to me and sorta smiled at me.

Surely if the leg was broken she would not be calm.

Anyway she and we found an open clinic and she has taken Lexie there. We are still waiting to find out the results.  I will hold off publishing until I hear the results.  On hold,………

Oh yeah and the other bad news. Sunday morning I had my first OLD FOLKS incident. I got up and actually staggered to the bathroom and could not walk back to the bed, I guess I was dizzy but I had no balance. Sherry worried over me and got me back to bed. I think I skeered her. I could not get up and walk until after lunch. I did not hurt and as I lay there I thought this would be a good way to go HOME. No pain just ease on out.  But I didn’t I still ain’t right and have turned down many offers to take me to the hospital.

I will see my Dr, Tomorrow.  I feel a little light headed but I think I am good to go.

Dog info:

Okay, Lexi’s leg is not broken but she had several puncture wounds.  She has two drain lines attached to punctures. The sad part is it was the same dog that bit me last year. A mistake was, Lexie was not on a leash but the bad dog was. To get me he was on a leash and drug the mother.  This time he was on a leash and  drug the man this time.  It is terrible that anyone would have a dog they cannot control nor HOLD.

Jack info: Dr. is setting up scan and pappygram.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank all of you that read here. I enjoy comments and appreciate it as I read them.

PS: I am beat still fuzzy a little but did finish our Federal TAxes.....

 

9 comments:

salemslot9 said...

I said a prayer for you Jack❤️

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you, Jack.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Both were scary occasions for sure ! Glad no broken bones, but puncture bites can take a while to heal. Hopefully the doctor will have some good news when you see him! sorry no more dog walks for a while. Take good care !

Mevely317 said...

Prayers lifting right now ... for both you and Lexi! (Oh, for Sherry and Beth, too.) When a loved one's 'not right' it affects we girls, too.

I'll be glad when the doc gets the results of the scan and 'gram. The waiting is sure unsettling, but you're in good hands -- both here and Above.

Chatty Crone said...

Can you tell me why and how that darn dog is still alive. He bit you and now another dog?
Praying for you Jack. I hope everything is ok.

happyone said...

Sorry to hear your bad news. Praying for you!

Sheila Y said...

Hope you start feeling better and the tests lead to good news. You fella’s do worry us gals sometimes ;-) Sorry about the neighbors little dog, hopefully she’ll be fine and heal quickly. Take care and no more worrying Sherry! ❤️ Sheila

Anonymous said...

Oh no Jack! I know what its like to have vertigo and lightheadedness that last all day. Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

It's Lisa. It makes me post anonymously from my phone and I dont know how to fix it.