Sunday, February 4, 2024

My new job

 Photo of the day: 

 

So for today

We  have a a new neighbor, Beth.  One of the strict requirements given to our rental manager was ‘no dogs.’  The reason being the last folks had a Beagle that I loved.  I got some Beagle sugar every time I saw her out.  I had no idea the damage she was doing inside.  Needless to say we fear dogs now. 

The house stayed empty for too long, most folks have dogs now. (Side note: We stayed in a motel in Okeechobee a few weeks ago and they charge $30 additional a day if the occupants have a dog and absolutely NO CATS allowed!)

Any way I finally told Sherry I could agree on a very small dog. Beth has a small Poodle (I guess) she looks like Grace and Macie that Myra and Tom board (LOL) with anyway.

I didn’t mean to be so long, but Beth drives about 15 miles one way to take Lexie out for her break. She said she was trying to find a dog walker thru the local college. I volunteered to walk Lexie for no charge as long as we are here.

Today was my first shot. I took Lexie out, she did her business then headed back to the house, no walking with this old man!!!  LOL I THINK we will become good friends…

Referring to yesterday about Jim, no I will not be visiting Jim. The hospital is in a very busy part of Charlotte and It has been 20+ years since I have driven there, I don’t think I can handle the city traffic;

I did inform a fellow musician that will visit if he stays in the hospital another day or two. I am afraid I would mention what was said and that his house has been demolished. That might cause him some trouble and pain he does not need.

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank all of you that read here. I enjoy comments and appreciate it as I read them. I am not feeling great at all. A little dizziness jumping in, I was in the bed most of the day on Sunday.

6 comments:

happyone said...

Nice of you to walk Lexie. :)

Mevely317 said...

Awww! I hope you know what a blessing you are to Beth. But, do you walk in the rain? It's been c-c-cold and wet all day; the only way Macie and Grace agree to go outside is on their leashes -- and a guarantee of warm towels from the clothes dryer after the fact. Spoiled much?
Tom has been experiencing some dizzy spells of himself, so I know how unsettling this feels. Lifting my prayers!

Susan Kane said...

I had a beagle when I was about 14. Beautiful, intelligent. I would love to have one sometime, esp. when we are more decrepit than we are now (70s).

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Great new job for you and it will give you a reason to get out of bed. That dog came into your life at just the right time. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Chatty Crone said...

How sweet of you to let Beth have a dog. They can do damage for sure. I think you and the dog are going to be blessed. It is a win win situation.

Anonymous said...

The perfect pet. You can walk it and play with it then give it back.

Lisa