Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Just stuff and one tale

Photo of the day

 One of our few promotions, this at a trade fair. My BIL Jim in a suit and a real salesman.


So for today

Cats are coming back. Two are Stormy Daniel’s grand kits.

Gave away an antique dining room suite that was taking up part of my play house.

Still no appointments for my pappygram.

Repaired our fire ring.  The cement top had cracked over the years, I added another ‘concrete’ top. I used mortar mix for the last top.  Mortar doesn’t handle heat as well as concrete. J

Reading this headline makes me shake my head:


Here's What Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Said to Each Other on the Field After the Chiefs Won

Why is that a headline???

 I Must be plain dumb here that I did not know even who was playing he Super Bowl nor who won until Sherry looked it up on Google this morning at breakfast. I had asked about the Super Bowl I knew it was about due.

My interest in sports ended when the boys and the grands were out of school.  Sherry is from a sports minded family, and normally knows what is happening in popular sports.

Hey something else. Funny how we are always learning this is a small world. Lisa over at https://www.lifeawayfromtheofficechair.com/

was born in the same town Sherry was. She now lives about 10-12 miles away. She just said the guy that does Mark’s taxes is her 2nd cousin and does their taxes too.

 I will never forget when I first met Dan Pace. At the death of my CPA, Dan took over his accounts. The first year I was ‘HOT’ as he had me paying three times more taxes than my Old tax man Marvin H--- did. After he asked me a few questions about my last tax submission, Like:  Mr. Darnell, Marvin reported that you spent $200,000 on land development last year, did you?......... Me, shaking my head, “No, it was more like $50,000…..”

I quietened down and he continued to do my stuff until I retired. Marvin had embellished (lied) about expenses on my return.  I never looked at my returns, just signed them. So Dan’s office continued to service Darnell’s Construction until I retired WHILE hoping I wouldn’t face an audit. LOL. I never did!!!

Since Mark doesn’t like paperwork he still uses Dan.

Well at least I had a tale to tell. ;-)

 

Nite Shipslog

PS:  Thank all of you that read here. I enjoy comments and appreciate it as I read them. I just cannot seem to kick this problem with my throat and head......  Sherry says we are getting OLD....  No she said we ARE OLD,,,,,

7 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

No doubt we are both old now. I'll be 80 years old this year! When I was 40 I ak my son If I looked old. He answered, All people over 40 look old to me. When I look back, I was still very young when I was forty but truth be told, no one escapes getting old!

Mevely317 said...

It's GOOD to 'see' you again, Jack!
Taxes? Oh vey! I suspect my comments on your last post got gobbled up by the Blog monster; I just checked, but nothing. No big deal; I was just reminiscing about the years I spent working for CPAs. Darn stressful, and I think worth every cent.

I, too, could care less what Swift and Kelce said to one another. I'm surprised by all the press; but then again, it's more pleasant than all the coverage of war and school shootings.

Chatty Crone said...

CALL UP AND GET YOUR MAMMOGRAM DONE!
GLAD THE KITTENS ARE BACK!
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU!

happyone said...

I had no idea who played in the super bowl and still don't. :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for your good health, and Sherry's.

I was never good at sports, or even interested in watching it on TV. At school I was so bad that no one picked me in their team; in fact they fought as to who will NOT have me.

God bless.

Lisa said...

We are not big sports fans either. Nick will watch just enough to have conversations with the guys at work. He likes racing though. Me? I just like a good movie.
The only thing I don’t like about Dan is I never get a family discount for him doing my taxes.
Get that pappygram scheduled! I feel like you just have a cyst in there so no worries but always better safe than sorry.

Lisa

yaya said...

We didn't watch the game but I knew who won that night. I also saw the picture of Travis Kelce screaming at his coach. Then he shoved the coach..an older man who almost fell. My opinion of that over paid so called athlete went down to zero. Then he showed up drunk at the parade that also turned into a horrible, tragic shooting. What has happened to sports anyway? Oh well, I hope you both had a nice Valentines day! Take care!