Friday, July 31, 2026

Just 'Marking Time'

 


We called it Happy VAlley. WE had bought a home there for $3000. While I attended Surveyor  School.  That did not last but 2-3 Quarters, then I joined the USN. This picture was before Sherry moved to Norfolk to be with me there. Sailoring was the longest I stayed at any job methinks. LOL

For today:

In the USMC  I learned to 'mark time'.  marching in-place,  and not getting anywhere.  LOL

I am just waiting for another appointment, this one for Radiation

I am staying busy with me working on my TO DO list.

I have been busy cutting the many trees here that interfere with our power and phone lines. Some of the power lines for two neighbors homes.  The trees are not big but tall. They are 3-4 inches thru, but 20-30 feet high. That is crossed off the list.

I fixed a loose fender on the motor home and  puller a step that needed repair.  Just staying busy.  Still feeding the coons and possums. 

Son Mark has mentioned a black and white kitty.  I finally saw it today. very young kitty and it ran like  a scalded dog when it saw me. I put som milk aout for it.

My pet Bunny is still here. I am trying to name it 'Funny Bunny'.  It will still sit about 5' from me and talk.  (I talk it listens) I enjoy it.


Nite Shipslog.






It is a job just getting red o fhe many limb/leaves.

2 comments:

yaya said...

Cutting trees, making repairs, taking care of wildlife...just a day in the life of Jack! Ha! Great to stay busy and enjoy each day. We have a black and white kitty that lives across our road. I thought it was him coming across the road to visit but turned out to be a skunk! Thankfully, Annabelle and I were able to get away without incident! Have a good weekend!

Susan Kane said...

That would be too much work for here, in our heat. You have always been good to animals.