Monday, October 1, 2012

And Finally, LOVE

I finally broke thru and added a couple thousand words, the first chapter to my book.  I think I got an offer of a proof reader, Anonymous posted and said to e-mail her and she would help with the proofing. I am thinking that is B of Acts one. Lindy fits the description, but she hasn’t been here in awhile. Dewey (also annon) does too, but I know he is too busy retiring.

If you read the other books, this one is back to S’gar.  He is changing his name back to Jerry and is gonna pursue the one girl he was interested in as a student at Duke University (She is a lovely lady and I couldn’t think of a better name than Sherry for her).

Sherry and her husband are both doctors. Working out of a clinic in Huntersville, NC. She is a recent widow, due to an illegal situation in which her husband was involved. 

That is about all I know so far. So at least, I am spending some time thinking again. That is good.

We have a cruise planned for December. Maybe I can do some research with seniors on the cruise who are lately in a ‘relationship’.  Maybe some of you guys can relate something of your late romance. I am open for suggestions, if you want the world to know!! LOL

Take care, and thanks for visiting the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

After getting older there is less Black and White, there seems to be more gray areas than in my youth.  Am I learning more? or getting more liberal?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1957NashRamblerCustomCrossCountryStationWagon-a

We drove a Rambler like this except it was brown and tan.1957 Cross Country Rambler.

12 comments:

Paula said...

I think that is a good name for the lady in your book.

Chatty Crone said...

Very impressive - you do just about everything don't you?

betty said...

something to look forward to with the cruise! Love the name of one of your main characters in your upcoming book!

betty

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good news that you've gotten the urge to write again. And another cruise sounds wonderful. I know you really enjoyed the last one.Hope your Tuesday is a terrific one!

~mel said...

You, my dear friend are a little go-getter! I admire that quality in you and I hope that you are always able to chase those dreams and make them come true. Can't wait to hear about the cruise and to read the book! Love & Hugs to you and your beautiful bride:)

Anonymous said...

From where I come from, people use to say, 'end good, everything's good.

Reads like an interesting story.

Please have you all a good Wednesday.

Dar said...

now, I'm not admitting it just ;'yet'( being a senior, I mean ), but I am looking forward to reading that next book...if I'd gone and seen half what you have, I'd be even richer.
Just knowing you two, makes me one of the wealthiest oldies around.
About the past weeks entries., or more, so sorry I have not been around. I cannot believe that I'm still feeling so dazed after so long. Concussions are no fun.
BlessYourHeartsJackieBoy&SherryGirl

Lucy said...

I will be looking forward to your book, if I am still alive. I am sure it won't be done in November, the 16th, my birthday, maybe by Christmas???? If not I will just wait to see when it comes out. Sounds like it may be a good one. I just wrote this at 6 this morning. My first comment of the day. Hope it posts. I had to hunt for it and found it on google.

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
From what «Louis» sees of your comments, you aren't becoming more politically liberal - and that's a GOOD thing!

The Rambler was George Romney's vision forward for American Motors. He cast aside Nash's big cars, pulled the plug on Hudson and cancelled the planned merger with Studebaker-Packard and forged ahead with his Rambler. This set the stage for Packard's demise, but it worked for Romney.

Anonymous said...

The word around here is that I'm proofreading "Jack's torrid novel."
Today my son asked, "Are you working on 'Jack's sordid novel' again?"
"Torrid, not sordid!"
"What does torrid mean?"
"Torrid means hot."
"And what does that mean?"
"That just means steamy."
"And...?"
"It's NOT dirty!"

LOL

jack69 said...

Ahhhhh, but it isn't finished yet!!!! The good part is yet to come! LOL

Anonymous said...

Am really looking forward to the next novel. I haven't been on my computer much this year. Had a knee replaced in January and back surgery in August with a lot of discomfort in between! Am feeling much better and having less time to read but will make time for your novel. Lindie