Friday, October 5, 2012

There are things we cannot control.

Driving on one of our boulevards the other day I noticed I was traveling at 50mph, 5 mph under the limit there. I figured the guy coming at me was doing about the same.  Do you ever think about that? Only three to four feet apart, if all of a sudden you saw that guy in your lane it would be like hitting a wall at 100mph! There is nothing you could do about it, it is out of your control.
headon collision
I know, that is a terrible thought. but have you ever eased out of your lane and quickly realize it?  I have. I don’t think I have ever done it in the motor home thank goodness.  I have eased right and hit the rumble bumps along the shoulder.  Those have been great assets to drivers. I would be willing to bet they have awoken many a sleepy driver.
Wasn’t that a great idea?  Well at least I think so. Lately I have noticed many roads are  also putting the rumble bumps in the center.  They get your attention immediately.
NOW, if someone will invent or develop rumble bumps on the road of life. Religion or religious beliefs help some of us.  But the fools who cannot realize they are heading into danger, need moral rumble bumps. Not one that yells you are STUPID, but one that yells DANGER!
The person who constantly finds fault with their partner. The guy who cannot stop with one or two beers.  The guy who finds he needs two Xanax instead of one, too many times, until he cannot do without them.   The kid  who smokes too many joints.  The business man who finds that Coke eases his day and becomes addicted. These folk need some real heavy rumble bumps to keep them on the road.
BECAUSE once addicted, or off course, you don’t hear rumble bumps and are headed for the 100 mph collision with a solid wall.
I venture to think that everyone reading this knows someone who needs a wake up call, moral, mental or friendly RUMBLE BUMPS.
I wish someone could install them.
Thanks for reading.
Nite Shipslog
PS:
A man should strive to SHOW his lady, he loves her. (And it wouldn’t hurt some girls to let him know!)  LOL
****************************************************
sunset train
I also like trains. But I cannot forget the special cars.
1946FordSuperDeluxeConvertible-mx1
Just after WWII, the 1946 Ford convertible.

12 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Truer words couldn't be spoken much better than that. We hear about those that make it out of those kinds of addictions, but it's not an easy path to take at all. Some never do make it. Prayers for all fighting them today. I'm fighting a gloomy rainy day in Ohio today. I think I'm addicted to sunshine. These dreary days I have to turn the lights on inside. Hope you all are enjoying a brighter day.

Elizabeth said...

Very well said !

DD said...

A true message, well written.

Anonymous said...

Once I did fall asleep on my motorbike, luckily while waiting in front of a red traffic light ;) as I woke up it turned already to green.

A safe road ahead and a good weekend for you all.

Paula said...

We have rumble bumps on two roads we travel and I have learned to stradle them. lol Yes I know what you were trying to get across and that was a good example.

Chatty Crone said...

I enjoyed your message Jack. I think it is so true too. Your a minister and you don't even know it. When I first saw the picture I was worried you had been in a car wreck - so glad you weren't!

Louis la Vache said...

On the freeway this afternoon, «Louis» nearly got the Vachemobile smashed by some idiot yakking on his cell phone and drifting into the lane occupied by the Vachemobile...

«Louis'» maternal grandparents had a green '46 Ford two door for a number of years.

betty said...

It would be nice if we could get those rumble bumps. Usually we don't realize we are heading into trouble until it is too late; like the frog happily swimming in the cold water on the stove, not realizing the water is slowly but surely warming up until it is way too late.

Seems most of the people driving crazy here are people on their phones either talking or texting despite laws against it......

happy weekend!

betty

Lucy said...

Communication in a relationship is essential unless the opposite ones just can not do it , it will end in divorce. I know this was more about highways and speed pumps but this is about speed bumps in a relationship. I always thank Joe when I ask him to do a little chore or bring me something. He keeps saying "you don't need to thank me, I am your husband.". I just said that is me showing my appreciation.

Glenda said...

This is another great post! Have hit a few "bumps in the road". Looking forward to reading your romance writing!

Woody said...

Over the 25 years or more in Law Enforcement I have seen too many of those head-on, failure to keep right, missed stop signs, I try to drive with the understanding that every car I meet is dangerous, I am not paranoid, I just try to be prepared.

Ken Riches said...

True friends act as the rumble bumps in life!