Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just to let you know

Yes, I finally started the new Romance novel. I have always tried to put a little romance in the books before, but this one is going to be based on two seniors who hope to find happiness in their later years.

Today I wanted to include a comment made by Anonymous, made to the a previous post, ‘And Finally, Love’.

This proof reader/ critique and rewrite guy is a gal. She is definitely not a yes-man and  adds some great ideas to the book.

Her comment:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "And Finally, LOVE":
The word around here is that I'm proofreading "Jack's torrid novel."
Today my son asked, "Are you working on 'Jack's sordid novel' again?"
"Torrid, not sordid!"
"What does torrid mean?"
"Torrid means hot."
"And what does that mean?"
"That just means steamy."
"And...?"
"It's NOT dirty!"
LOL

Now here is the rub, I like steamy, I even like descriptive. So I probably like Torrid.  (LOL, myself). Sherry thinks I like……  I’d better shut up on that line, enough of that.

As I was telling ‘B’ (proof reader until I am sure I can use her name),  I was a story teller for many years. I once had a robot named Herman, to assist in the story telling. I could use body English, facial expressions, chalk, objects, puppets etc. to get the point across in the telling. Crossing over to book form has been an experience. I still think the reader can see into my mind and know exactly what I mean.

I do better as I get into it, I think!

Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

I have found that if I am good to my car, it will not let me down. I also found that when I am good to my wife. She is even better to me. I also have learned, if I am good to my body, in the long run I will feel better. But that is just me thinking.

***************************************************

imageMA28813802-0043

This is what you do if the tree is too big to move!

1964InternationalAB-1201

If this ‘64 International keeps it’s load low, he can clear the tree.

 

12 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hope you are making great headway on that book. Today is another beautiful one in Ohio. I think I'll sit in the sunshine a bit this afternoon. Got to enjoy it while I can!

Louis la Vache said...

So wil your romance novel have a chapter about sleeping with a radioactive woman? The inquiring mind of «Louis la Vache» wants to know!


«Louis'» paternal grandfather had in International pick up in that same color combination.

shirl72 said...

You were a good story teller.
The chalk talks were also good.
Everybody enjoyed them. I am sure
this book will be good. I don't
see how you have tme with everything you have going.


Lucy said...

Finally, a new book, torrid, steamy, wow. It is cold here and supposed to remain so for about 6 or 7 days. Not as cold as predicted. Just right for me but Joe freezes.

Anonymous said...

What an adventure.

Wishing you every thinkable good and a good Friday as well.

Anonymous said...

Hmm, will a little bit of you & your girl be in that book?

Dar said...

I can see you having a great time writing this one, that is if you can keep your fingers on the keyboard. I have no doubt that this book will be as good or better than the rest. I love reading your minds eye.
About shopping, I 'used' to love it but now get frustrated so I'll see you at the tag/yard/garage sales or the consignment shops.
Now, about that tree, do you think your RV will fit through that hole?
Thanks for all the love and support. I'm feeling a bit better but still have the dizzies once in awhile. Gotta watch how quickly I turn my head. I must think I'm an owl sometimes. Stay warm.
Baby, it's c o l d up north.
BlessYaAndYourLovelySherry

Chatty Crone said...

Well I call that the ripple affect of kindness! lol

Good luck on you book Jack.

betty said...

I like what they did with the tree, very creative!! Good luck with the new book, Jack, the story line seems like a good one!!

I do agree, it is good to take care of our bodies. Sadly we often get to that point after something happens to our bodies, like cancer, heart attacks, etc. Mentioned it before, but can't tell you how many reports I typed with people quitting smoking after the diagnosis of lung cancer. We only get one of these bodies of ours this side of eternity (and then a new body the other side :)

have a great Friday!

betty

Anonymous said...

I'll just be "B, the proofreader."

Lucy said...

I just noticed the tree. Easiest way to solve the problem.

Anonymous said...

One thing about that tree. When I first saw it, I thought that was a big mirror in the road. (See - it does sort of look like a huge rearview mirror?) I thought that was a terrible prank.
After looking at it a while, I realized the bottom "frame" of the mirror was actually just the shadow of the tree. LOL