Friday, September 6, 2013

I am just a little disheartened

Lately we have had senseless hateful actions by ignorant and mean young people in the country.  A young ball player, Christopher Lane, was out jogging when he was killed by some Bored teens who decided to go, ‘lay out a Wood’.  My understanding is that means “kill a peckerwood (or white man).  Obviously planned premeditated Murder.

President Obama  issued a statement through a spokesman.

"As the president has expressed on too many tragic occasions, there is an extra measure of evil in an act of violence that cuts a young life short. The president and first lady's thoughts and prayers are with Chris Lane's family and friends in these trying times." (47 words)

Compared to the first statement on the Travon Martin case, that was obviously not a Murder, it was as best a confrontation.

“Obviously this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through. When I think about this boy I think about my own kids and I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this and that everybody pulls together, federal, state and local to figure out exactly how this tragedy happened.

I’m glad that not only the Justice Department is looking into it, I understand now that the governor of the state of Florida has formed a task force to investigate what is taking place.

I think all of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how something like this happened. That means that we examine the laws and the context for what happened as well as the specifics of the incident.

But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon. If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon. I think they are right to expect that all of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves and we will get to the bottom of exactly what happened.” (196 personal words)

Racial tension was already at a high point, and in my opinion the president’s statement was only fuel for a fire.

Once the verdict was in. I do give him credit for a ‘call for calm’ speech.  There are too many murders in this country, too many families who do not get a personal message.  Christopher Lane’s family got a ‘message’ from the president.

I am probably over reacting, but I am still unhappy about it.

If this offends you, tell me, we all have an opinion.

Nite Shipslog,

PS:

All lives are important. Some lives are destined to improve humanity’s lot.  Some lives will always hurt, destroy and steal. I hope I can add not detract from this life.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

794px-1948_Tucker_Torpedo_rear800px-Trucker_Car

the 1948 Tucker…

15 comments:

Jackie said...

I agree with you completely, Jack.
And, the racial tension in our nation is at a height I haven't seen in decades.
I miss Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush.

Mevely317 said...

Thank you, Jack, for giving voice to what I've been feeling.

This ... this person who occupies the White House (I refuse to call him "my President") just doesn't get it ... or refuses to.

There's so much anger and hatred out there, and parents weep. It's disheartening ... and I worry.

betty said...

I too agree with you, Jack. I think Mr. President has done more to stir up trouble between the races than to try to "keep the peace" so to speak. I am still disheartened over his actions about Bengazi. Honestly, with the Trayvon Martin case, in my opinion, the Florida DA should have filed for a lesser charge, but they did not provide a good enough case beyond a reasonable doubt as defined by the law and that's why the jury had to, in my opinion, acquit George Zimmerman. There are no winners or losers in cases like this, just a lot of grieving families and friends, and sometimes maybe the best gift the President could give is the gift of his silence.

betty

Paula said...

I agree with you. So much sadness in the world now days but the Bible says so much of what is going on. I saw on TV today they had Zimmerman's wife all prettied up for the cameras with her talking about thier troubles. I see someone planning a book out of her.

Anonymous said...

It's a scary and violent world we live in. I agree that our President has made statements that seem to stir up more racial tension; there's a total lack of leadership on that front.

bonnie k.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That piece of news is news to me. I really do read or watch much news. It's a sad thing for sure for any crime to happen. Our young people should never have to live in fear and parents should never have to loose a son or daughter like that. Praying for peace in our world today.

TARYTERRE said...

Both stories about those killed very sad, indeed.

Louis la Vache said...

The current occupant of the White House (like Mevely, «Louis» refuses to call him 'president') has purposely and deliberately created more racial tension. It's part of his Alinsky training. It's in "Rules for Radicals" by Saul Alinsky. O-BOMB-A was a "community organizer" for ACORN, an Alinsky-inspired organization. They exploit and promote racial division.

* * *

It's too bad the Tucker never got going. What an advanced car it was!

Louis la Vache said...

One more comment about the Tucker.

The "spinner" on the front is the most likely inspiration for the "spinner" on the front of the '49 Ford and the '50-51 Studebakers. The '50 Studebaker was styled by Bob Bourke, who most famously did the beautiful '53-'54 Studebaker Starliners, but he was at Ford prior to going to Studebaker and worked on the '49 Ford.

shirl72 said...

I feel this man in the White House
is responsible for our racial tension. Every thing was good until
he and Michelle moved to Washington.
They don't like the flag and
Michelle said she didn't like white
people. That is scary and he is
in the White House. We are in a lot
of trouble.

Glenda said...

You are absolutely on target with this entry. Agree with Shirl, it IS a scary Presidency in a number of ways AND this guy was re-elected. Yes, I miss George Bush as well!

Lucy said...

I am not going to comment either way. The hate coming out of some mouths here is more than enough. I see your point Jack about the differences in his comments, but but maybe we whites are racist and don't even realize it. There are definately some here on your blog today. I believe we are all equal, even Joe, No one can help the color of their skin and no one can help a black eye if they fall. I do not miss Bush. Who got us into the Iraq war and who is paying for it now with Syria, That dreadful black man that some will not call president. WE HAVE NEVER HAD A PERFECT PRESIDENT!!! However I am not a southerner. So far I have liked the only 2 southerners I know and that is you, Jack and Sherry.

Chatty Crone said...

I think the tension now is worse then it has ever been. I think that this is NOT what Martin Luther King wanted. He wanted us to be blind to color. I agree with you Jack. sandie

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» usually only comments about the cars you post on Nite Ships Log and he won't comment here as you already know what his views are! :-)

He thanks you for being first to comment on his Gearhead Tuesday post.

Jimmy's Journal said...

There haven't been too many presidents that I've really liked. Each and every president has his own good ponts and bad points.

When a president (or any politician) does or says something I don't agree with, I voice my discontent.

I have both praised and raised hell with all the presidents. That's just my nature.

With Obama, if you voice your discontent, you're branded as a racist or a malcontent.

This presidency was sold to the young, the unknowing and the hard of understanding. They are now beginning to see the light.

Song and dance routines are for Fred Astaire and Sammy Davis Jr.

Jimmy