It is a fact that I like/LOVE more things than I wonder about and there are some things I know. For a list of things I know and like, let’s see…….
1. I like warm weather.
2. I love the sea.
3. I enjoy seeing a kite flying. Just an old fashioned two or three stick kite.
4. I love to travel and see what is over the hill or around the bend.
5. I cannot remember a place we have visited that I did not like.
6. I love my family; I miss parts of ‘our’ family that is gone.
7. Watching a mountain stream no matter how small thrills me.
8. Remembering special friends actually brings a smile or a tear of gratitude for having known them.
9. I loved my childhood, and cherish friends I made along the way.
10. I love this motor home we live in. It is cozy and all we need to live.
11. Eating out is a lot of enjoyment, but eating at home is too.
12. Truthfully I like this computer much better than TV.
13. I am fortunate and like the fact that I can fix about anything when it goes haywire.
14. I love animals, but do not want to own one, in our present lifestyle.
15. I prefer carpeted floors to hardwood or tile.
16. Showers are my choice for a bath.
17. Outdoor activities that I like, fishing the most I believe.
18. Yard sales, our entertainment most Saturday mornings.
19. Books, I love a book by my special authors.
20. Oak furniture and cabinets are my preference.
21. I like a microwave for reheating, but love an oven for baking, it smells so much better.
22. I love nautical stuff and like to dream of sailing around the world.
23. I enjoy singing, even if I cannot tell what key I am in anymore.
24. I love it when the whole family is running smooth, marriages are good, everyone has jobs, no one is fussing and we are all happy. Those times are few and far between anymore, but I look forward to that. It will be great when I know the second shoe has fallen for the last time. (Know what I mean?)
25. You know I love old cars, three favorites: 1934 Ford coupe, 1953 MG Hill climber and the beautiful 1955 Chevrolet bel-aire tudoor hardtop.
26. And last, if you have been around me or read my journal or the Shipslog, you know I love Sherry above all else. She is my prize. Just as beautiful and loving as when I met her in 1954.
I can list more, I am surprised. I didn’t mention hiking, camping, flying or swimming.
Thanks for coming this way, what do you like?
An actual note to God from a child: