Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving, better late than never!! (3 of 3)

 

This should be the last entry of my acknowledgements for all the help and support on this blog and my attempts at writing.

To continue: some were steady bloggers and commenter’s but have ceased.

I miss ‘Dribbles by Chuck’, from the ‘Old Folks’ Home.

Old_Man_Driving_His_Power_Scooter_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090124-072105-525042

There is Mort from the N by Nwest of England. Mort suffers from MS and has ended his blog. BUT we have the beautiful Allie there who keeps us up on the happenings in the old country. Along with her pets, she entertains us. The last acquisition was a snake. Thanks Allie for stopping by regularly to comment.

June from Alabama who has gone mostly to facebook I think, but I do miss her.

Scanoldpic9 028 - Copy

I hear from Jack, and there is Vickie from Charlotte along with Jessica and Megan who read the Shipslog.

There are a few who aren’t ‘just right’ who comment. There is Jimmy, even though Sherry says he can sing, he…. Well he spends a lot of time in AREA51, you would have to read Jimmy’s Journal to understand. The master of one-liners, Garnett, stops by at times (Laissez les bon temps rouler!).

Blue, anyone know Light blue? She is working in Taiwan away from her family and misses them. She posts some beautiful pictures from Taiwan. I look forward to the sweet comments, usually late (I forget there is a time difference!).

Ginnie and Flavious from SC and there is also George & Donna, who reads in Tennessee.

Thanks to ‘Ma’ for her comments from Ohio, that is one thankful lady. Today is her R&R.

The list would not be complete without our friend Woody, from upstate NY. A man, who never forgets the Veteran, cooks a lot and does so much volunteering I get tired thinking about it. Gary has had a bit of bad luck with a stroke, but is coming along. He has a great wife, Anna Mae.

As I mentioned, I am thankful for anyone who takes time to read this drivel. Most of us on Blogger do not do it to be read, but to have an outlet and express our opinions. I enjoy doing the Shipslog. I get advice and help as I go along, the latest the hint from Lucy that I try Live Writer, and I am not as frustrated posting to the Shipslog, for a little while I was ready to quit.

This blog has been a source of great surprises. We did not start out to meet bloggers personally, but since we have we have been blessed with great friends. As I comment on the blogs I can see you guys. Some do not have blogs, but know, I do think of you and am thankful for your support.. Start a blog Jean, you too Lindie!

I know there are a few family closet readers, Peggy, Joe, SAndy, MY beautiful grand daughter Sherece (Reececup), Josh and sometimes Steve & Ben. (Love you guys)

To everyone: So as I finish these days of thankful notes. If I missed someone it was not intentional. Let me know with a stern rebuke and I will rectify the situation. I promise.

Did I mention Evelyn?  This one is so early, tonight you will think I missed today!! hahahaha

THANKS Sherry, I like your smile when you read the Shipslog.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

note: No Dolly, I didn’t leave you, nor  Mr. Obama or the mayor out on purpose just thought you would prefer to remain incontinent (LOL)!

Hospitality:  making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you wish they were.
*************************************************
   Money can't buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.

*****************************

Actual note to God:

DearGod11

12 comments:

Glenda said...

Jack this has been the best series, (just sit here with a smile) going back to re-read the two prior entries!
I'm thankful for the day you and Sherry and little Jackie Darnell arrived in Kirksville:)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I have read all three of your entries and give you lots of credit for trying to list everyone including me. I thank you for that and for all the SMILES you pass along each day too. It always amazes me that I could write something new everyday but I do cause I love it and am thankful for it all. Have a great Sunday from the white winter wonderland in the cold northern section of Ohio. Bless you both!

Bookncoffee said...

Did you mean George and Sonya? lol. We read from Tennesee!! ha.

Hope you all have had a good week. I had a 60 something hour work week and trying to relax, even with so much to do at home.

Have a good week ahead.
Thanks.

Sheila Y said...

I agree, wonderful series. I keep trying to talk Mom into a blog. I miss Chuck too, and wonder what happened to Sam. Stay warm :D
Sheila

Anonymous said...

I've been lurking for a while, but since you are acknowledging people who comment, I thought I'd comment. I enjoy reading your blog.
bonnie knox

betty said...

I like how you summed it all up, Jack, with saying thanks to Sherry for her smile as she reads your words!! Such a great tribute you did to all the special bloggers and people in your life! We thank you and Sherry for sharing your lives with us!

betty

Paula said...

Read every word and enjoyed it. Nice idea!

Fred Alton said...

LoL Jack! Your comment about remaining incontinent brought forth a chuckle. I picked up a line somewhere in my reading, "I once called the incontinence hot-line...they asked, 'Can you hold'?" I'm thankful that I can most of the time. Depends!

Dar said...

Great thank yous and grateful to have you in our lives. I often read your Shipslog to Bill, he chuckles with me tonight over 'incontinence and Fred's comment too.
As for your meeting our sister, Cher via net, I may hold the name but she still IS the true Little Rascal. Come on back up to WI, now, I'd like to have a snowball fight with ya. Sy would love it. We'll start practicing right away. Thanks for including us on your 'Thanksgiving' list. You are the sweet, but Sherry will always be the Sweetest. Loveyoutwo
BlessYourHearts

Anonymous said...

It was of great joy to 'meet' people, and if only in thoughts. Made life feel good, even better.

Please have you all a good start into the new week.

shirl72 said...

Computer down had a power outage in Town. Missed
some blogs up and running now. You missed some names but I want mention them and hope they didn't get their feelings hurt. Just kidding.

Shirl

shirl72 said...

PS: Sorry you didn't miss any names I just
missed reading them since my computer was
down. You know how my mind goes one thing at
a time. Please forgive me I miss-spoke.

Shirl