Monday, December 4, 2023

Weller is Better

  Photo of the day

 From my Desert Rats file:


About how I feel, LOL

So for today:

I have heard that any sickness to seniors is ‘life threatening!’  Not my opinion but definitely one’s defenses are less than a 20 year old. LOL

I have laid around, being petted by my girl for close to a week.  I might have milked it as far as I can. ;-).

 

I have had a lot of time to think about life and our future in traveling.  It seems so built into our make-up it is hard not to think of seeing some places again. I follow https://sparepartsandpics.blogspot.com/

Ed gives some great vocal and professional pictures of hikes and earth formations, in desert area of Southern Calif.. Amazing desert photography (and some Pacific shots)

So many pictures of the Joshua Tree area, it makes me want to walk there. Two of our favorite places have been Yuma and Gila Bend AZ, as we searched for the ‘Oatman Massacre site,’

 We did locate the site near Gila Bend. Very little info on the site in that area, it surprised us. It was a one family massacre, leaving Lorenzo about 15 (the natives thought beat to death) and taking Olive 14 and Mary Ann 7 captive. Mary Ann died in captivity. Olive (below) was rescued by a missionary years later. The chin marks indicates she was a ‘slave’.

 

Picture of Olive long after rescue, I found on the net after our physical search. There was no internet at the time to use for research.

I have been checking and if we were to set up camp in Yuma or surrounding ‘BLM Land’ we could be within a 3 hr drive of Joshua Tree. 

Thinking is a lot like dreaming.  When one is pushing the upper 80yrs gotta remember to watch the driving.  Driving in the desert areas of AZ is not hazardous but getting out that way (until the Mississippi), gets a little hairy. LOL

Nite Shipslog

PS: I just might be back now.. Thanks for visiting We like to know you took the time to stop by, NICE, and appreciate all the good thoughts, prayers and comments.

 

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm glad you are better. That was an amazing story you told. Our history is something that interests me, we can only hope for better behavior in the future.

Mevely317 said...

I'm so glad to hear you're back on the road to recovery! You were missed and thought about!

There are several places I'd love to revisit; as a matter of fact, a little while ago I spotted a photo of Santa Fe in the snow and wished I was there. Unfortunately, it's the 'getting there' part that always stops me in my tracks. Not impossible, but highly improbable right now. (*sigh*)

Woody said...

Good to see the Post and you feeling Better ! Now stay "Ship Shape" !
Sending down love from the North ! Gary an Anna Mae

Woody said...

AND, You were Missed !!!!!!