Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Heading South

 Photo of the day

Pictures can fool you, that is one steep hill going down on the left. This was taken on the Imperial Mill Hill, Wiley worked in the Imperial starting before he was 10 years old.


This is Sherry's dad Wiley Harris and his three pretty daughters: Colette, Lennie and Sherry (my girl). The cute kid is a niece Becky, The oldest brother, Lefty's daughter....

 So for today:

Thanks for all the suggestions about my basement cats. I tried my idea of letting mama go out to make her cat hole then close the garage door down to a little more than an inch crack.  I put fishy cat food out 10 ft in front of the door and after a while all 4 cats had peeped under the door and came out to be with mama eating. BUT I made the mistake of heading for the garage to lower it all the way and the kitties beat me to the crack and slipped under and inside.

Since a had a job to do for grandson Ben, I remade the crack and left with food and mama outside.  I was gone for a few hours and when I returned, I did not come around to the back of the house. I stopped in front and went down the inside stairs, I saw no cats so I quickly closed the crack. They told me I was mean and was not happy.

(entrance to the cat house)

Low and behold all kittens are now in the cat house. I have left them 8-10 days of food in a gravity feeder and told them to take it easy on the food. LOL

I read somewhere that cats needed two exits from any structure. I added one to the cathouse with a vinyl door they can push open, like a doggie door.  So now they have a front and back door.


We covered the hose bibs, turned the temp gauge to 60 and said goodbye.  We did not stay in the house. But we did use the washer and dryer. LOL

Sherry is saying we might should think of quitting the road, since I am gripping so much about the setting up and tearing down our coach.  NOT yet, maybe a newer coach?  LOL

We are now in Florida I got a little sick and did not publish this, I thought I had. I may be absent for a few days I am STILL sick...


Nite Shipslog

PS: Thanks for visiting We like to know you took the time to stop by, NICE!

9 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for you, Jack; and Sherry too. Take a rest for a while and enjoy your holiday.

God bless you and yours.

Mevely317 said...

Great photo! I miss when women/girls used to dress so nicely ... and now I'm thinking "what a pain" them must have been to iron!
Lifting my prayers you'll be feeling lots better real soon!

Mevely317 said...

"THEY" must have been, I mean!

yaya said...

I hope you're better soon and enjoy that warm air and sunshine. You'll know when it's time to say no more traveling. Or else Sherry will know when to say no more! Folks sure dressed better back when that cute photo was taken. Now it's all PJ's at Walmart! Take care Jack!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Most colds last about a week. You being in Florida should help because the weather will soon warm up again there. Plenty of sunshine helps too.I think you should travel as long as you can do it safely. Take care and enjoy the nicer weather!

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Sounds like the cat problem is solved. Hope you get to feeling better!

Woody said...

Prayers for you Ole Shipmate, Stay the Course and get Shipshape. Prayers sent that you feel better ! Love from the North, Gary and Anna Mae

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Susan Kane said...

Sometimes the wheels of time seem to match the wheels on our vehicles. Hope you are getting over the illness. Stay home for a while, get well. Enjoy Christmas. God bless you both!