Saturday, November 4, 2023

Competitive

 Car for today:


That is Collette in the driver's seat.  Sherry in the passenger seat. Collette was a REAL FAN of Elvis!  That Jeep belonged to Elvis.
 

Now for today:

I am from a family that was never interested in nor tied to organized sports.  Neither I, nor my siblings took part in school sports. On the opposite end of the spectrum Sherry is from a competitive & sports-minded family. Her mama liked crossword puzzles and Bingo while Her dad liked boxing, wrestling and was a Yankee’s baseball fan. The brothers followed sports. One of Sherry’s nephews went pro baseball. Brother Johnny was known as Mr. Baseball information of Ypsi; knew BB history and stats.

 

Sherry's dad named his second oldest son Vernon GOMEZ.  Gomez after a famous ball player at the time. Sherry notices sports scores now, but is more competitive about games.  She LOVES internet games and trivia questions.

 

So much so that one morning, she had a call from Jack Jr. He was at a tire place in North Carolina getting tires. While on the phone She and JJ played a game on the internet called ‘Brain Candy’ and also the Trivia question of the day.

 

It is the highlight of their day.  Don’t get me wrong, I am competitive, but in a different way.  I don’t mind a challenge at repairing or fixing something. I was competitive in my jobs in the military and in the building business.

 

I do three card games (Until I win them all) on the net most days to keep my mind challenged a little.

 

I have complained enough over the last two years that our lives have been put on hold, due to a son's serious legal problem. Now it seems we are on hold for the least another year.  It is sad when you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel or worry that the light you see just might be the light of another train. 

 

I try not to think about it, but when you are in your 80s Putting your life on hold for years, just might be years you won’t have. LOL

 

But back to competitive, I guess I am more competitive than I like to think I am.  I still feel the challenge of a thru hiking of the Appalachian Trail calling my name.  Oh well maybe after family things iron out I can thru hike the 2197 miles when I am 90, now that is a challenge.. LOL

 

Nite Shipslog

PS: Dominoes are usually our evening pastime. I read 1-3 books a week, Sherry reads 1 (Hers are longer) We might watch 1 or 2 hours TOTAL TV a YEAR!

 

3 comments:

happyone said...

I've never been into sports.
My husband and I do Wordle everyday. We start with the same word and see who can get it with the least amount of tries.
I always have a book or two I'm reading.

Mevely317 said...

Okay, I like some sports (college football), but left "love" behind in the rear-view mirror years ago.

Like Sherry, I've become addicted to internet games. I'm not familiar with Brain Candy, but NEED to start my morning with Wordle before even getting out of bed. Next comes Quordle, the mini crossword and (best for last) Connections. A couple of other bloggers and I usually compare our scores on FB. Does she (or JJ) do any of those?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like jigsaw puzzles because they are easier than brain type games. If a piece does not fit I just cut it to fit.

God bless.