Friday, November 10, 2023

Not sure anymore

 

 Photo of the day: 


This is why I enjoying driving WEST of the Mississippi. This is a road to Cheyanne Wyoming.  Notice all the traffic.

 

So for today:

Growing up my dad was a GM man.  He owned Chevy’s and one Buick.  Then he was impressed with the Rambler and became a Rambler man.  Funny I followed him for GM then to Rambler. Dad was a leader. J

Did you or hubby or wife ever get car fever? A time you just ‘must have that car?' The only time I can remember wanting to trade cars while driving a perfectly good Rambler in great shape; the object of my affection was a nearly new ’68 Chevy Malibu. Loved it.


 When being transferred to GITMO we took dad’s older car and gave him our almost new Malibu.  He was so proud of that car. It was the first 2dr hardtop he had ever owned. He was retired then.

When he passed away, mama didn’t drive and gave the car back to us.


Son Jack got his driver’s license in Key West. We customized  a pick up truck for him, then he said he wanted a motorcycle. Or was it the other way around? I can’t be sure anymore.

I cannot remember if this is the truck I customized for J Jr. or not. We painted it put in bucket seats and a stereo console methinks. I cannot remember anymore.

I do remember Mark wanting the 68 Malibu when he got his license. I repainted it for him, as cool as I could and drove it from Key West to him in NC.

 I cannot remember what happened to it, just sure anymore.

If you live long enough, you won’t be as sure of things as you were; much of it, you won't be sure about..

Nite Shipslog

PS: Thanks for visiting, makes us feel good. I hope you return…

4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Dad had a top of the range Bentley. I borrowed it. I had an accident - not my fault. Dad was more concerned about me than the car. A Bentley ... and he didn't care.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We are Ford people here. My first car was a 56 Ford that I paid for myself. We've had other cars over the years I remember owning a chevy van at one time. It was blue and enabled my family to travel together. I also had a GMC van that did the same, but it was black.Now I'm driving a Mazda and it will be my last car. I have to sell it because I'm moving in with my DD and SIL. I doubt I'll need a car living with them.

Mevely317 said...

Fun post!
I don't remember the '68 Malibu, but how I yearned for a '68 Firebird. Sure, I remember having new car fever in my 20's and 30's. My former husband even surprised me with the cherry red Fiat X-19 I'd seen at a new car show. It had no air conditioning, but in retrospect it was my favorite.

We hated like heck to have to buy my Taos and make monthly payments again, but I/we no longer felt safe driving the Camry.

happyone said...

When I turned 50 I finally got my dream car.
A red corvette. It was a 2002 C5. I had it for 16 years and it was my every day car. Sold it a few years after we moved here. Just not practical here!! I still miss it.

My father liked Ford trucks and Pontiacs.