Thursday, November 16, 2023

Sherry & jack = one

  Photo of the day

 


Sherry & jack plus niece Vickie.




So for today:

I was never out on a real date, until I met my Sherry. I had a girl friend before. My first girlfriend was Betty, she lived in the South Mountains near Valdese, NC.  Betty never knew she was my girlfriend. LOL Then in Belmont I spent a lot of time at Margaret’s house. We kissed as we sat in her porch swing at the Climax Mill Village. At the time the sweetest girl I knew. A sweetheart.

But I met Sherry.  I knew her from church of course but when I was 17, we married and became ONE.

                                                Vernon and Janet

In my lifetime we have known couples that were known by their names.  The names used together for so long they were considered synonymous. Synonyms: Equal, identical, similar or parallel. In our family, saying some names are like saying one word: Odis and Ruth, Junior and Mozelle, Sonny and Collette, Elmer and Lennie, Jim and Shirley, Dick and Kat, etc.

Dick and Kat

Thus Sherry & jack.



Yes, I know, you KNOW many the same. Usually in a family. You also know and remember the feeling when you start using only one name.  Most of the time that happens due to an untimely death. Strange, we use the term, UNTIMELY DEATH, I have never known of a timely death!  Well maybe Hitler.  But none in our family, we missed them, and it was hard to think of one name without the other.

Some things in life are no fun to face, but at times, we must face them.

We lose people in life, one of the worst losses is losing one, and they are still around, i.e. taken away from us mentally by Alzheimer’s disease. The one I remember most was my farmer friend Kenneth. It is so STRANGE and HARD to sit beside someone you knew as a dear friend and you know, but he DOES NOT know you.

I have known of a husband and wife who did not know their mate. That must be the worst SLAP IN THE FACE by nature one could ever have. Living with some one you have shared the most intimate thoughts and actions with, and they no longer know you.

THEY tell me these thoughts are normal as you reach the senior years, maybe ‘THEY’ are right. LOL

Take care and remember to enjoy life when you  can, THEY say. Ok I say and will try myownself.  LOL

 

Nite Shipslog

PS: Thanks for visiting, makes us feel good. I hope you return…we are on the move again… lol

 

 

3 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So you are on the move, changing addresses again. Good thing you have your better half with you. I've been alone a long time now. I used th think we'd never part, but then he died. We were equalls and considered ourselves one too. I made it, even though I miss the other half of my life. I've never found anyone to replace him, but know one day we will be together again.

Mevely317 said...

Goot point, Jack! My aunts and uncles were always, "Lu and Bert ... Mike and Adele ... Edric and Betty" etc., etc. Never one without the other, tho' of course it happened.

This reminds me of a quote from my favorite movie (Forrest Gump) -- "Jenny and me was like peas and carrots."

happyone said...

You were so young when you got married!
My mom had Alzheimers but died before she didn't know who I was.
My husband and I have names that even go together, Ken and Karen. :)