Saturday, November 18, 2023

Our other home

  Photo of the day

 








So for today:

We arrived here after driving near 500 miles.  Sherry has at times said after a long drive that when stopped she still felt like we were on the road.  Well last night after maneuvering this bus into it’s place behind our house here in NC, I sat down and still felt like I could feel the road beneath the coach. That was a first for me.  I had to go outside on the pavement to make sure the coach wasn’t still vibrating. That proved it, even out on the pavement I felt like the ground was vibrating. WILD!

I was okay after a good night’s rest.  We have decided not to stay in the house, just leave everything the same.

Jack Jr. was the last to leave this place a couple weeks ago. He assured us, with pictures, all the leaves were up, yard cleared.  Well, you know Fall of the year and an acre of trees. The place was 3-6” covered again.

I rake some leaves, but mostly mulch them with the mower. But in about 4 hours the car was washed and most of the leaves mulched.

I smiled at ‘Scaretycat’, she came up to me and let me pet her, but mostly she like the left-over beef stew that Sherry had saved for her.  We did not see Tom, maybe he has moved on.  Scaretycat is supposed to have some babies, but they are not around yet.  I tell here they are not kitties, they are puppies. When Stormy Daniels Had her and Tom in the litter, I told Stormy to call them puppies.  Not sure she did.

 

They spent their kitty-hood in our basement, now they are my Feral Cats. I do care for them, even though I am a dog lover myself.

We did have a place in Leesburg, FL, but son Mark bought it and our other coach.  He says we can park in his driveway when we cannot get reservations in Florida. They are getting hard to find down there. in the peak winter season.

 Nite Shipslog

PS: Thanks for visiting

5 comments:

salemslot9 said...

Hiya Jack
We have 2 friendly ferals
Posh & her daughter Whiteface
They were both born at our house

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I know what you mean about feeling the road movements after a very long drive. Happens to me often. I also wake up suddenly and discover I missed the turning to leave the highway whilst I was asleep.

God bless.

happyone said...

Glad you arrived safely.
We have lots and lots of leaves but since we live in the woods and have no lawn we just leave them where they fall. :)

Mevely317 said...

Years ago when I used to enjoy cruising, after disembarking we'd all laugh at one another walking about like we'd had too much to drink. Sea legs, don't they call it?

I've never had that sensation from being in a vehicle so long, but don't doubt it. Good thing you got out and checked. (lol)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hope you enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving with your family !