Monday, November 27, 2023

I have a problem

  Photo of the day

 


So for today:

I am too easy.  It got cooler and I allowed the ferals to use the basement.  NOW we leave in two days and I cannot coax ALL of the 4 kitties plus mama out at one time so I can close the basement up tight.

I generally leave some food inside at night and close the door tight. I am thinking of leaving the door up 1 ½ inches so only the kitties can come out or go in. thinking with no food they will come out to mama.

I have a storage section designated “The Cat House”.  I have told them this, but Sherry insists they don’t understand.  I KNOW they DO, they are just Stubborn and I have told them so.


What is the strongest scent do YOU think will coax them?  The only advice I get is BE PATIENT, I am trying……..  LOL

Nite Shipslog

PS: Thanks for visiting We like to know you were here.

I have so many hiding places down there, they love it…..

6 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

The favorite of my cats was always catnip, but it does make them go crazy, so I'm not sure if you could lure them out with that. Good luck and hopefully you'll not leave anyone locked inside. Better to close up tight, other critters could also get in, not just the cats. Safe travels to you both!

Mevely317 said...

I know nothing about felines' taste buds, darn it. Could you, perhaps, find one of those humane traps (temporary measure) ... or, ask one of your family members to come check on them while you're away?
Let us know!

salemslot9 said...

Rattle a plastic grocery bag
Regular canned tuna
Good luck Jack 🐱

salemslot9 said...

p.s.
Don’t have any food in garage

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What would Schwarzenegger, Stallone or Clint Eastwood do? Or any other movie hero?

Capture the Mom and put her in a cage in the basement. She will call her babies. As they appear, capture each and put them in the cage. No food ... except in the cage. When you have all cats take them out of the basement and lock it. Also put a notice saying "NO ENTRY" just in case they have found another entry point.

God bless.

happyone said...

I would guess some kind of fish smell would coax them out. Good luck.