Friday, November 3, 2023

Dreams and plans

   From out West.

 Walking down a little ways into the Grand Canyon

Looking down into the Grand Canyon!

There is a Mountain IN the Canyon that is a mile high!

For Today:

My heart/life want to fly-away, it always has. I am slowly learning what my elders learned. Age has little effect on the brain, unless demented.  What I THINK I mean is: the brain doesn’t have enough sense to know that the body is wearing out, it is weaker. I now know that mental stress effects the body.

Have  you met Mr/Miss Dementia?  We have. We lived with my mama and my sister’s slow trip into dementia.

Some folks, and ALL of my family, tell me that my loss of words, loss of some of my past is normal. I have made it a policy not to give advice on Drs, meds, feelings in your body, etc.  I have always felt that your body will tell you things and you should listen. I smile at advice, but listen to my inner self. I will listen to a Dr. unless myself says, “Watch it!!”

NOTE: Have you ever been able to translate pain/confusion into words in a way that another would know EXACTLY how you feel?

I know that I am losing some of my cognitive abilities. My reactions are good, my driving is very good for my age, because I have been a good driver most of my life.

I use my  wonderful departed mother as an example.  Sherry & I KNEW mama was losing it.  She was demented even though she still knew us.  People would come to visit her and leave saying, “Jack, Sister Darnell is still herself, nothing wrong with her mind.”

BUT, Mama would not remember the visit. Visitors did not notice that mama had NOT used their names or specific data like that. She was a pastor’s wife most of her life and still had that ability to ‘converse’ and was good at it. 

 

(This is a big Tree)

What I am trying to settle in my mind is that dreaming is normal for me.  I want to GO, as I always  have.  BUT, but what I want is to be satisfied with life today, more stationary!

In Wisconsin we met Mel & Dar and their families! And then Debbie & Gary and their daughter came to see us! There was Paula, and that sweet lady of IRON, Jean of Opp Alabama and her sweet daughter Sheila. Each person from Bloggersville that we have met has been exactly as we had them pictured, great folks. Something in me STILL wants to meet all of you who comment.

Me, just rambling and most likely repeating myself. ;-)

 

NiteShipslog

PS:  God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet; in person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU!

  Wishing YOU the best.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Loss of words, remembering past events etc. is completely normal aging. I am constantly asking my husband for a certain word cause I can't come up with it, and he does the same. It's normal, so please don't fret. Just keep enjoying your life and your beautiful wife.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Do not be concerned about age. Just keep going as best you can and trust in God.

One good thing about ageing: you can wear your pants all the way up to your nipples and hold them there with a belt and braces, and everyone will still think you're fashionable.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

Unfortunately, yes. My mother was the recipient of that rotten dementia. Both my son and I were in denial for a good while, which I don't know is a good or bad thing. Now lately, I'm a bit concerned when I go to say someone's name and draw a blank ... or call a certain appliance by another name. I don't know what's more frightening -- loss of health, or one's mind.

I think Victor's advice is best.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I agreee, don't worry about what may happen, just enjoy each day as it comes. We have so much to remember, it's impossible for our brains to hold all of them. I had two aunts with alzhimrts , It runs in my mother's side of the family, so I let my daughter know to keep checking on me. i remember what I need to, not everything, Sometimes things are better forgotten. I keep important dates on the calendar so I don't forget them, but that only works if I write them down. There are times I've forgotten to do that and miss something I should have remembered, but we are not perfect human beings. We have all mad midtakes, The important thing is to forgive ourselves and keep on moving ahead.