Thursday, November 9, 2023

Ah ha! Those unique things/times.

  Photo of the day


So for today:

Don’t you love to laugh, or many times just smile as you sorta feel good all over?  I get that feeling many times as I read blogs or see something different or unique.

Seeing it in pictures is fun or hearing it and imagining it. Myra mentioned weighing her son Troy, years ago in a grocery store.  I smiled inside, I did see that once.

(It happened in the UK also above was taken in a store over there!)

I smile now thinking WHAT? The first time I saw Ambulance spelled backwards on the front of an Ambulance, then it hit me, “That is for YOU when you look in the REAR VIEW mirror so it will read correctly.

RV’s have rearview cameras it can show mirror or real images. I had to replace one and saw a switch “ mirror view or real view”. I thought hey I want a ‘REAL VIEW’ all it took was one short trip to change my mind. Seeing real for a rear view is NOT easy.  BELIEVE me it doesn’t sound like it, but after you have used the REAR-VIEW for over 50 years, you have to know it is confusing and DANGEROUS. 

Searching to find a visual example to show but this is what I found:

...the inside rearview mirror that is actually an LCD screen connected to a camera. In principle, these should be terrific. But I hate using them. Why? What makes them so awful? To figure it out, I had to reach out to a scientist who studies visual cognition…….

I read the entire article and was still confused. I think that is something you must experience. LOL

Kinda like if I ask Sherry to take a bite of Butter Pecan Ice cream …….. wait a minute …..  then try chocolate, if she were honest with her taste buds, she would prefer Butter Pecan.  LOL  Yeah, I KNOW, she doesn’t believe it either. J

Have you ever watched an animal when they see something out of the ordinary. I watched my cat Tom when I was about 4yrs old, toy with a mouse he had caught.  I have watched my dog get used to a new ball to play with.  I have watched the Feral Cats attack a dead leaf blowing across the yard. I have rolled a ball towards them, when it stopped, they would be cautious about touching it, walk around it to make sure it was not alive.  All that catches my interest and I forget the world’s problems for a moment.

 Nite Shipslog

PS:  God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet; in person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU! YEP that makes us smile....

4 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a cute and interesting post today, I don't think I'd ever thought of those things before but it is time I took a closer look at what I see. Life is amazing!

happyone said...

Things like that make me smile too.
The ripples in a pond made me smile today. :)
Lovely post to make us think of the little things!!

Mevely317 said...

Thanks for the shout-out Jack! True, I often get ideas-- sometimes inspiration -- from other bloggers' entries.

My new car's 'rear view' camera's like to drive me nuts. I'd not had one of those before, but it seems everyone in the world uses it with no qualms. Me, whenever possible I'll continue to crane my neck and look over my shoulder while backing up. (Don't ever let me behind the wheel of your coach! lol)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A very enjoyable post today, Jack. Thanx. As it happens, only today I tried to weigh myself in the supermarket. The staff threw me out the shop and banned me from shopping there again.

God bless.