Monday, November 6, 2023

November 6th THE DAY to REMEMBER!

 

 A picture :


This is the Car I borrowed to ask her out!
 

For Today:

Eighty-six years ago a beautiful baby girl was born to Wiley and Susie Harris.  They named her Sherry Lucille. She would live to make many lives very happy.  Just her smile lights a fire that will not go out.

She has been cute all her life!!

                Sherry and her nieces Brenda and Vickie.
Sailor home from the sea,  Sherry and son Mark

            MY SWEETHEART!


Vacation in Port au Prince Haiti, 1970s


We were married at Justice of the Peace Nunn's front room. This whole crowd was there.








In the year 1955  Dale Hartness said to her, “Sherry you should go out with Jackie.”

Her answers to him have warmed my heart for years, “Jackie who?”

“You know, the Preacher’s kid.”

“Dale, if Jackie wants to go out with me, he will have to ask!”


So after Dale told me that, I borrowed a brand new 1955 Chevy to drive to her home at 129 Hawthorne St. There I nervously knocked at the door and asked her for a date, my first real date.  She said, “Okay.” She was 17 at the time.

Below is the girl I asked out on a date!

This 16-year-old boy’s heart soared.  I tricked her into marrying me the next year.  Once during our courtship, I asked, “When’s your birthday?”

“November 6th,”

“Yeah, but what year?” I asked.

“Every year!” she said with that cute smile.

Well today is her 86th Birthday and I have remembered every one of them since we were married,  WELL THAT IS EXCEPT ONE!

I heard a preacher once say, “You will NEVER FORGET HER BIRTHDAY AGAIN, IF YOU FORGET IT ONCE!”  Preachers are not always correct, but he hit it out of the park on that one. LOL  

Sherry at work, she received many awards for her quality of work.

Today, NOV 6th IS my SWEETHEART’S BIRTHDAY. She IS the light and LOVE of my life and that of her sons.  She is still the most beautiful lady in the world.  Speaking of the trail as I have lately, our friend Paula of Texas said, “It looks like Sherry takes a beautician with her on the trail, her hair always looks good!”

Yes it does, it is natural, just like she is.

She reads the blog so, “ HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART, I LOVE YOU!”

 Sherry & her boys when we lived in Key West

NiteShipslog

PS:  God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet; in person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU!

5 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy Birthday Sherry and many happy returns filled with joy, good health and whatever you desire for yourself and your loved ones.

God bless you and your family always.

Mevely317 said...

"Jackie who?" !!!! LOLOLOL
I still say, your annual birthday posts are the best ever!

Happy birthday blessings to your beautiful bride!

happyone said...

Happy Birthday to Sherry.
Would a lovely tribute.
My parents had a 55 ford in the same colors.

yaya said...

Happy Birthday Sherry! I hope it was a great day filled with wishes, surprises and of course cake! You are a beauty through out the ages! You can't take a bad photo! Hugs and cheers for a wonderful year from me and my Jack in Ohio!

salemslot9 said...

Happy belated 86th Sherry
I think you like Red Lobster
Did you go? 🦞