Monday, June 2, 2014

Another first…

I have wanted the dog lot for the grand dogs to run in for a long time, so I finally got around to doing the job.  I mentioned it briefly about my grandson Luke helping me dig the holes. I must tell him of his earning his Phd (Post hole digger) thanks to Bonnie.

001

 

I have seen many chain link fences but never installed one. Now I have.  It is not a big a job as the build up said.  The largest challenge was a fence stretcher, being cheap, I was not about to rent one. Surprised smile. I cobbled up one using a small come-a-long.  It worked well.

002

1940 Ford woodie

(Some classic woodies)

1942 Crysler town and country

Again being cheap, the chain link gates were $57 +$20 for hardware (around 80$ w/tax).  I built the three WOODEN gates required for the project. One gate for the fence itself and two gates to the deck it is attached to.  Total cost for material was right at $400 including about a $100 for the gate materials.

1946 Olds special woodie

Any way I am happy with it and the job looks pretty good.

 

I have also been pretty busy installing some gutters on the Car/Motorhome ports.

Shirl has actually been a lot of help on her end in getting a building moved which is encroaching on our property over there, and also supervising the culvert job.

ATT00057MA29000847-0004

I have been able to accomplish a few jobs for friends and family while home, but to be honest no matter the fun I am having ‘showing off’ I am ready to head for the North East, some lobsta, and some time in the woods hiking the AT.

ATT00002MA29015746-0023

(This is here just because I like it)

I am a little early in my desire of leaving to bloom.  We still have much to do if Son Mark moves out of our house here at our home port.
ATT00003MA29037463-0020

(very hard to explain)

I miss a pickup truck for building supplies, but out little trailer works well since I put the hitch on the little Honda Fit.

I apologize  but I guess this is all that is on my mind lately.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Someone said, “The nicest thing about the future is ...that it always starts tomorrow.”

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ATT00093MA29000847-0016

This is about a 1948 Pontiac Woody!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great that the dogs will have some space. I hate to see a dog tied up or in a small pen (or kept in the house).
Good job on the fence and gates.

Paula said...

Nice dog run. Seems you can do anything you put your mind to.

Dar said...

I'm loving that you and Bill have so much 'handyman' abilities in common. Nice job of those pretty gates and the fence...me being a plant lover, however, will see those shrubs getting a lickin' from the pups... they have their very own fetch sticks growing right in the run., lucky dogs, lucky dogs.
Have a wonderful in the NE. It's mighty pretty there. Will you have some time to walk the shoreline? Have some lobster for me. I used to go to a place in Highlands called the Lobster Hut where you picked out the live one you wanted to eat. I wonder if it's still there in the wharf?

Dar said...

that should have read 'a wonderful time'...oops...fingers thinking faster than my brain

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You got your 3 gates and fencing done all for less than what I had to pay for one gate. It pays to be able to do things on your own. Hope you don't have to wait much longer on the lobster.

shirl72 said...

The fence looks good.Glad the dogs
can have fun enjoying the outside.
I know Reece will appreciate the
fence.

I bet you are ready to start
singing Willie Nelson's song
"ON THE ROAD AGAIN". Look how
much fun you are having.

Chatty Crone said...

That was a great fence - I want one for old Disco here. He has never been able to be free yet.

I hope you get to leave and get some lobster - when will you know about the house?

Sure is nice you helped your neighbors!!!

betty said...

I like the dog run, Jack. It came out great! I know the dogs will enjoy it too!

betty

Jean said...

Nice job Jack the fence looks great. I could never keep jet in a fence in yard, he always found a way to scratch out, the wireless fence with the radio collars works great for both dogs (so far),I hope you get caught up with your soon, and on the road again.Take care, Jean.

Mevely317 said...

That puppy run looks so green and restful. Nice job!

I'm not necessarily an automotive buff, but these woodies make me smile. My best friend and I put many a mile on her 1957(?) Morris Minor woody station wagon. Amazing how far you could go on a couple quarters worth of gasoline in '67!

TARYTERRE said...

That fence looks picture perfect. Great that the pups will have someplace to run free. GOOD job. It's nice you can do these things yourself and not have to pay someone else to do them for you,.

shirl72 said...

I glad they have some bushes to
wee wee on..How about a fake
fire hydrant.