Friday, June 6, 2014

Something is getting done.

But before that, have you ran into any problems with the ‘Auto spell check’? Now I am the ready to admit that English is a tough language for which to program.  So if you are using the automatic correction you must be ready to re-read your typing or inputs. Have you ever noticed the words Stranger and Strangler are only separated by the ‘L’?  That one happened to me today.  Another was ‘having’ which turned into ‘heaving’. I was never great at  ‘Scrabble’ but I have played it.  I think now I might be better at it. Winking smile

AreallybMA29019820-0006

Getting done:   Sister Shirl has a 1400 sqft basement, so she is allowing us to store some furniture there.  After we moved it in, Now  I hear she is having a basement sale.Surprised smile

AreallybMA29019820-0007

But she did allow us to deposit the Dining Room suite and a dresser and a Bunch of end/coffee tables.  It opens up enough for me to start working on a bath room in our ‘Storage building’.

AreallybMA29019820-0009

While there we found a bad Electrical breaker that I should be replacing today.

Getting rid of ‘Stuff’ is really hard, but today I put two car hitches and a ‘knee-kicker’ carpet stretcher on ‘Craigslist’. I have a tree stand I should list to sell. I am never going to deer hunt again, I am sure.  I never shot a deer anyway when I went but I sure ate well for a week in the woods.  LOL

AreallybMA29019820-0010

Hunting (Sad smileas I bounce around): I don’t know but one hunter personally anymore. Fewer and fewer folks are hunting for their meat.  Therefore there is no thinning of the herds and we are having deer, black bear, rabbits and squirrel in residential areas.  Yeah, Yeah I know, we are taking up their homes with residential sub divisions, but it is sorta important for us to have homes for the growing population to live in.

AreallybMA29019820-0011

Us non-multi-housing types, plan to have our homes until it is a MUST that we take a condo or high rise apartment.  Not being mean, but some of us are too noisy for stacked living.  I hate to get yelled at, even if I cannot hear it.  LOL

Okay, I have said enough about nothing so I will close. Thanks for stopping by.

Nite Shipslog,

PS:

Life is good…

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sHERWOOD%20FOREST%20007MA29005121-0001

I just ran across this Avanti we camped beside last year.

 

11 comments:

Paula said...

Like all the pretty little birds and their "sayings". We used to have a knee kicker, got rid of it and wished we had it back. Ain't that the way it always is?

DD said...

You make the best writings from nothing. No, I should have said from something or anything - lol.
I always smile when you speak of your sister. I have a brother, love him to Jupiter and back.
DD

betty said...

Cute bird sayings; I liked the one whenever you feel like eating, just eat. Unfortunately, that might not be a good thing in my case since I always feel like eating :)

Seems like you are getting a lot accomplished indeed, Jack! I think it is wise to start looking through what you might not need any more and getting rid of it; good to get a little more spending money in the pocket.

Lots of people I would imagine still hunt in Montana. I know everyone always looked forward to the beginning of whatever hunting season it was. I got used to seeing a deer in the back of a pickup; but the first few times caught me by surprise when we moved there.

betty

Jackie said...

Reading about your knee kicker made me grimace. Hubby used to install carpet. That thing used to wear him out...and eventually using it hurt his back.

shirl72 said...

I have some good furniture stored in my basement. I told Jack I was
going to put a sign up at the
entrance and say NICE BASEMENT
SALE. I am just glad I could
help..I cannot figure out why
I save so much STUFF. Maybe I
will try to downsize..will let you
know.

Mevely317 said...

We, too, have been spending lots of hours purging 'stuff.' I'm amazed at how much junk two people managed to hoard in 10 years. Yikes!

In fact, I've a post germinating somewhere about downsizing. Don't tell Tom ... I fear he'll get claustrophobic just imagining it. :)




TARYTERRE said...

Good thing you had a place to store that furniture. It's hard to part with things, I know. Putting in a bathroom sounds like fun.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You are blessed to have a great sister with room to spare... that is quite a job putting in a bathroom and now replacing a breaker box too. Sounds like you've enough to do to keep you busy there for awhile. We've got another beautiful day coming here today...Sun is out and the sky is blue. Hope you both have a super Saturday!

Lucy said...

Jack come start. The 4 big dumpsters are gone and they didn't make a dent. There are piles of stuff still there. Lawn chairs, bad shape, a glider, bad shape but she could probably have a garage sale and get a little out of them. They are wooden., then the canvas. You look past that it makes you sick.

Lucy said...

Jack come start. The 4 big dumpsters are gone and they didn't make a dent. There are piles of stuff still there. Lawn chairs, bad shape, a glider, bad shape but she could probably have a garage sale and get a little out of them. They are wooden., then the canvas. You look past that it makes you sick.

Lucy said...

Jack come start. The 4 big dumpsters are gone and they didn't make a dent. There are piles of stuff still there. Lawn chairs, bad shape, a glider, bad shape but she could probably have a garage sale and get a little out of them. They are wooden., then the canvas. You look past that it makes you sick.