Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father’s day

scanoldpic1 022

(I have a good picture of Sherry & Her Dad, but I cannot find it. This is here dad, Wiley Aaron Harris and our Sons (now fathers themselves) Jack (USN) and Mark (Kiss fan)

I received an interesting e-mail today  from another Sherry. It included a testimony of a young Policeman who is  a father. His biological father abandoned him and his mama when he was two. He vowed to never leave his family when he had one.

Once married, there was a near divorce but he was determined to make it work and he did, now with 4 kids, he is more determined than ever to make it last. It was a good Father’s day story.

BF Jack Grace Valdese

(daddy, me & mama)

He also quoted a story of a prison that offered free Mother’s day card to anyone who wanted to send a card to their mama. They had to get more cards the demand was so great.  Then come Father’s day someone had the bright idea to do the same for free Father’s day cards.  No prisoners wished to ‘wish their fathers a happy father’s day’. Many did not know their fathers.

BF on the Radio - Copy

So I consider it a compliment when my sons wish me a happy Father’s day.  I was very fortunate to be raised in a family with a wonderful father. Although I did tell him I loved and appreciated him, somehow I feel it was never enough. So to my daddy who 111 years ago was named after Frank James and Benjamin Franklin, Frank Benjamin Darnell, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY up in heaven. He is  probably still too enamored in Heaven to remember us here. But Daddy, you were loved. 

momanddad - Copy

To all fathers who read this, HAPPY FATHER’S DAY TO YOU.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Fatherhood is becoming important again methinks.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1941_Chevrolet_Special_Deluxe_Sport_Sedan-a1

The first car I remember my dad having, the 1941 Chevy, but his was green.

6 comments:

Mevely317 said...

I think these personal testimonials speak louder than anything Hallmark could produce.

That prison story saddens me; unfortunately, even o/s the cells walk the estranged and brokenhearted. Just this morning, I've read 3 bloggers' stories of unresolved issues with their biological fathers. Makes me really appreciate what I had ... what kind of father is my son ... and of course, fathers like you!

TARYTERRE said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.

betty said...

Happy Father's Day, Jack. That is heart breaking about the prisoners not wanting to send their dads cards or even knowing who their dads were. Makes you wonder if their dads were more part of their life if they would be behind bars.

I hope your family spoiled you rotten today!

betty

shirl72 said...

Enjoyed seeing the pictures. Dr. T
read some statistic and it was
sad. How many children don't
have fathers but have them and don't know where they are. I am thankful for our Dad he was the greatest.

Hope you had a Happy Fathers Day.
Brother you are the greatest and
a wonderful Father to your boys.
You have taken care of us all and
for that I am thankful...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was sad to read about how many didn't even realize who their father was...I know your boys know who you are for sure. Hope you had a wonderful Fathers Day!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That was sad to read about how many didn't even realize who their father was...I know your boys know who you are for sure. Hope you had a wonderful Fathers Day!