Monday, June 23, 2014

Track lighting

Today was very slow. I wanted to install track lighting in the kitchen and bathroom. The job in the kitchen took over 3 hours. working around a corner where the light fixture needed to get the sink area and the entrance area. I finally was able to get that done.

Track lighting 001

We also hung the fouled anchor, that is a wooden anchor and wooden chain. You can get an idea of the track lights in the entrance.

Track lighting 002

We also added the microwave, below the anchor but it probably won’t stay there. A good view of the track lights.

Track lighting 003

My girl and the bathroom track lighting. she added the shower curtain also.Track lighting 004

I hung one of my small paintings in the bathroom.

Track lighting 005

The picture on the wall below, hung in mama’s house as long as I could remember, “boys fishing and a gristmill water wheel.”  Then It hung in our different houses after her death.

Track lighting 006

Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisy  came to keep the monkey company.

It is hard to think that a few week ago this place was FULL and a nice storage building.

On the down swing now. A/C and bathroom vent and some heat and we are DONE

Wait Sherry mentioned a Toaster oven…something else I B forgotten.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Luke came out tonight, funny, from:  ‘it might be too small,’ to: his eyes lit up and said, “THIS IS GREAT.”  It might be his home for this coming school year.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

11 comments:

betty said...

I think it would just be about the size for a student; not much to get dirty and keeping it clean wouldn't be too difficult. You guys done good!

betty

Paula said...

You two knocked that little job out pretty quick.

shirl72 said...

The place really looks good. If
Luke moves in I hope you give
some rules about keeping it clean.
You have worked to hard for
someone not to appreciate a nice
place to live. To nice to be a
flop house. You are a good
Brother and Grandfather. Mother
and Dad would be proud of you.
You have taken care of all of us.

TARYTERRE said...

Looks wonderful. I am really impressed. Congratulations.

Cindi said...

Looks great!!! Pats on the back for a job well done!!

Jean said...

Great job everything looks so nice. I'm having trouble with Blogger haven't been able to see my Blogger friends, but just one at a time. I'm hoping they will get this fixed soon.
Take care. Jean

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Luke is a very blessed young man to get a place like that to stay! It all looks wonderful!

Unknown said...

Nice transformation from a storage shed. It takes some imagination to be able to look at a storage shed and see its possibilities.
Luke might have felt like he was being punished when y'all suggested he stay in the "shed." ;-)
I like the pictures. Looking at the boys fishing by the water wheel makes me feel relaxed.
I like the picture you painted as well. What kind of paints did you use?

Glenda said...

Agree with Luke, it's amazing what you two did on this project, looks fantastic!!!

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh it is good to be back. I like what you did with the place! That is so nice doing that for him. What did you do with all the stuff you stored though? And what a great helper.

Mevely317 said...

I love this, Jack and Sherry! Seriously.

BTW, I'm not sure who all's been affected, but 'Respice Prospice' is a victim of Blogger's latest uh-oh ... only one post at a time shows in my reading pane. When I hit "View More" nothing happens. I went out on the'help' forum and there are hundreds experiencing the same issue.
Hope you've remained immune!