Friday, September 22, 2023

67 years together

  Car of the day:



So for today:

In 1956 I was a young Marine.  I found a good friend from Pennsylvania. We met in boot camp. His name was Robert Dallas F. Once out of Boot Camp and at our duty station, we wielded the friendship. Not much for drinking and hanging out at the Slop-shoot, we sat on our bunks and talked.  99% of the conversations were about girls.  Yep he was crazy about a young girl named Marian and of course I talked about a beautiful girl, SHERRY. We were both determined to marry these girls and move them down to the base. Funny thing he thought Marian was better looking and sweeter than my girl. HA the boy did not know my girl was the most beautiful girl in the world. ;-) BUT I beat him to the draw, so on September 22, 1956 and home on a short weekend  (Sat noon to Mon AM.) WE were married at 7:25 sat night the 22nd of Sept.

Well Dallas married Marian in October, and we all finally got to meet. We moved into Camp Geiger Trailer Park not 100 yards apart.  Dal and Marian are also still alive and in good health.  They live in Pennsylvania and we live in NC, FL and other places. (LOL)  WE are long time friends and enjoy the times we get to share with each other. Those two are also a dedicated couple with a great family.


Here we are after being in J'ville, NC for a few months of married life.

WE have two boys, they have 3 boys and 2 girls.  As soon as Dallas learned what caused the kids, they had no more. ;-).

Sherry & I have shared a wonderful life. My girl is still the most beautiful and the sweetest woman in the world. I still love her to pieces after 67 years.

 

Nite Shipslog

PS: I appreciate your time.. Makes us feel good to know you were here,….

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that first picture, you two are the cutest things. So nice that you still keep in touch with Dallas and Marian, and that both couples are still married. That's rare. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Here's to many, many more happy and healthy years. It warms my heart how much you love your wife.

Mevely317 said...

Happy Anniversary, Jack and Sherry! I never tire of hearing your love story ... and how wonderful you share this season with Dallas and Marian.
I hope you treated one another to a yummy meal ... perhaps a slow dance around the coach?

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary. How wonderful you've had so many good years together. I'd like to ask you what you say is important advice for anyone getting married. Many would want to know what your secret to a long happy marriage is. Hope you celebrate and take your girl out to eat tonight. We both love the same restaurant and that would be Red Lobster. I love that place and usually get to go there for my birthday! May you both enjoy many more happy days together !

salemslot9 said...

Happy 67th Jack & Sherry
I know how kind you are Jack
I’m pretty sure
your wife is too
I have happy tears 💍

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy anniversary to you both Jack and Sherry and many more filled with happiness, good health and whatever you desire. Praying for you and your family on this wonderful occasion.

God bless y'all.

Sheila Y said...

Happy Anniversary Jack & Sherry!! May you be blessed with many more! ❤️ Hugs from North Florida, Sheila