Friday, September 29, 2023

When A heart hurts

  Car of the day:

I like this...... And it's possibilities.... ;) 

 

BUT, If the original owner could see their dream car now! :(

So for today:

We received a call this morning that a very old and good friend just passed away. She and her husband had been our friends from church and the past for many many years. He passed away a few years ago. I sorta envied his career. He had been a cameraman for a large TV station.

They were RV’ers also.  We had hoped we could arrange to travel with them, but it never happened.  We enjoyed talking  about places we had visited.

Their travels were brought to a halt by the problems of a son.  The son had moved ‘back home’ with them, they did not feel safe about their home, leaving him there.

The situation never improved, sadly they sold their motor home and settled to their fate,  It is a shame that in the fall and winter of one’s life, when problems should only be doctor’s appts, that hearts are broken also.

It would be good if somehow in families that we could let others live their lives and we live ours, no matter the fate, . BUT, but as a general rule that is not possible. I think I have seen that, but until I have been inside someone’s head I will never know, if that is a possibility.

I read the question in a blog lately, “When do I quit worrying about my son or daughter?”  I think the answer as a rule, is NEVER! ……  Fair?  Not really, but there you have it in real life, “Life isn’t always fair!

We swing at the pitches that life throws, many times the ball is fouled or we strike out. Seldom do we hit a homerun, but when we do, we all  enjoy it.

It is hard with life to say, as with a ball team, just wait until next year!  We will WIN!

 


At times ‘next year’ is so far away, but like Christmas and Birthdays, it will roll around just like clockwork. I know we should be grateful for every sunrise, that is what I am told, but somedays we want to pull the pillow over our heads and not get up.

BUT we get up, and when asked by friends and strangers “How are you today?” 

We smile and say, “Great and hope you are!”

 Is that lie a sin?  Nah, I don’t think so.  No need to add to someone’s load. ;)

I am going to smile at life today, get up to the plate and expect a homerun!

Nite Shipslog

PS: We always appreciate you taking the time to stop by for a visit. You are nice to take your time to stop by, YES we thank you.

 

4 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Please accept our sincere condolences on the death of your friend. R.I.P.

Do we ever stop worrying about our children? The answer is definitely NO. But here's a thing that I find works. Hand over you children to God. Thank Him for the gift of children, and hand them back to His care. You do what you can for them here on earth, and God will take care of the rest.

God bless always; you and yours.

Mevely317 said...

I'm sorry to heart your hearts are burdened again -- first, by the passing of an old friend; then the reality that calendar pages keep on turning. Almost as if to say, our problems matter not. I'm not sure if that's reassuring or not.
I've a dear friend whose 49 y/o son just 'moved back home.' At least, he's found a safe place to land; I hope your friend's son and his mother reconciled before her passing.

yaya said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your dear friend. Life is hard and as we age the reality is we go to more funerals than weddings. But life still can hand us joy if we keep an attitude of gratitude and enjoy each moment. When do we stop worrying about kids? Yep, never is the answer. However, when they make our lives hell it's time for some tough love. Our youngest moved back with us after he was transferred back here with his job. He would like to buy a house but the market is not great right now. However, he's financially stable, a very hard worker, a big help around here and so far all's good! He even pays rent. So I'm thankful for that! One of these days I'm sure he'll find a place of his own...maybe, Ha! Hugs to you and Sherry and hope all is good with you both.

Lisa said...

Oh I hate to hear you lost another friend.
Yep, always worrying about my child. The way things are going now days, looks like Im gonna have to agree with YaYa and ad some “tough love” . We have been losing a lot of sleep lately.

Hanging in there,
Lisa