Friday, March 22, 2024

How do people do that?

 Pic of the day:

 Virgil Jensen from Iowa top and I am next.  The other names slip my mind and I served with then 24/7 for a couple years.

 

One of my first liberty ports overseas, the great city of Athens Greece at the Acropolis, long before it was fenced and charged admission to see it.

For today:

Like a lot of folks in the USA today Sherry and I have coffee.  Most people have a favorite cup.  I learned that aboard ship.  Sailors most of the time have a favorite cup and DO NOT wash them, they want them to age. I learned that the hard way by washing the dirty cups hanging at our coffee pot in our division on the Independence.  The leading chief yelled, “I’ve been using that cup for the last 10 years and had it about seasoned and some fool washed it.” I never admitted to washing the cups.

( These miniture pictures are duplicates of what I used here on the blog, I will try to explain tomorrow why they are here)






But in the past year or so I have been the dishwasher here in our home or RV. I use an Alaska cup and Sherry the Cuban one. I notice constantly that my cup shows coffee on the outside up at the rim, Sherry’s is ALWAYS CLEAN, ANY COFFEE LEAVINGS are in the INSIDE, the outside is as clean as when I washed it yesterday. How does she do that?

I prepare our coffee every night, or 99% of the nights. I do forget at times. Our coffee pot is the old Mr Coffee. Here in this RV we have a great place to store it. I guess the reason I forget at times to make coffee because out of sight out of mind.

We have about 2 more weeks here in Eustis FL. This is our view out the picture window (Windshield).  Snow Birds are heading North and the park is showing empty sites.

We had a great luncheon on Friday, see it tomorrow.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet. In person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU!


5 comments:

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

People should take their time heading back north now, It is cold with snow on the ground. March came in like a lamb but it is going out like a lion.

Mevely317 said...

Lately Tom's been using the same cup over and over. Because he uses both cream and sugar, I always make sure it's scrubbed clean. Now, I'm toying with the idea of 'seasoning' one of mine -- that's a cute idea! And who's to argue with a Navy chief? 😆

Great picture of y'all I spotted out on FB last night! Looking forward to hearing 'the rest of the story'!

Chatty Crone said...

I always use the same cup - and when it broke I searched the internet and found the same one! Still using it! I love my cup - but I do wash it. lol
I got a bird feeder for my birthday and I am not getting any birds - and I am kind of sad.
Glad you have a couple more weeks to rest.
Sandie

Susie said...

Coffee Jack...yikes where is the best. I am not a coffee connoisseur, but dang if I don't know a Bad cup of coffee when I get it. I would get to work and smell the coffee, oh boy it smelled so good, till you paid for it from the vending machine. Now there's where you would rather lick a dirty cup than have that coffee. We drank it anyways. I have had delicious coffee at the dinner theater Ted and I would go to, once a month. On a cruise ship...wow the best I have ever had. I long for the great taste of that coffee. Some places have to slice you off a cup, it's so strong. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

happyone said...

I'm one of the few people who don't like coffee and never drink it. I couldn't NOT wash the cup!! :)