Tuesday, March 12, 2024

On the road

  A picture from the Past.

 This old grandpa dancing in the rain with GGrandaughter Stella,

She is now a star athlete in Middle school.


 (I just ran across this, and more of our grands and Greats.  More coming.)

For Today:

Here we sit, Just a mile away from Florida.  Country Oaks RV park.  We decided not to unhook the tow vehicle, but go for a walk up the road to find a sweet roll for breakfast in the morning.

We did and met a sweet young girl working in a quick stop.  No other customers at the time so we just enjoyed chatting back and forth. Sherry choose a Blueberry muffin and I got a HoneyBun.

The lady at the counter at the RV park was also a breath of fresh air.  It is nice to meet good working folks.  We worked all out lives, and in many ways, you really do miss the camaraderie of fellow workers and peers.

-----------------    ----------------     -----------

just for fun,,,,
 Grandson  Matthew Dillon,  Now a very successful  administrator in one of those tall buildings.  Also has a pretty wife and the father of two boys.

(Matt riding rear guard with Josh (His cousin) driving the carnival ride.)

-------------     -----------------    -----------------

When we started this roving life many years ago, a night cost $6 to $8. WE paid $50.01 for tonight (with a discount!). BUT those first sites did not have water, electricity and sewer. LOL

We started traveling full time and spent most of our time driving 300 to 400 miles then stopping at a  small town for a week and traveling around the area and talking to folks.  You find more GOOD solid honest folk than the bad guys on the news nightly.

Take care and like the ‘Happy One’ who comments here, be thankful for the honest person who finds your purse that you left at the self checkout and preserved it for you.

As always thanks for reading this mixture or stuff.

 

NiteShipslog

PS:  

Thanks AGAIN to you all for stopping by the Shipslog..

8 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Indeed one meets many good people whilst travelling. There are also many good people on the Internet. Like you for instance.

God bless.

Mevely317 said...

I remember that picture of you and Stella dancing in the rain and thinking that belongs on a Hallmark greeting card!

There's nothing like seeing photographs of former children-turned-teen and wondering where in the heck the years went.

Your striking up a conversation with the 'working folks' sounds like Sean Dietrich!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's great to look at the pictures of grandchildren growing up. I have many and have shown them on my blog too. Before we know it they are grown up. Too fast for me. Just like our kids they have to grow up over time. They say time flies when you're having fun. I have enjoyed my life and don't regret anything. We just have to appreciate each moment as it comes! Enjoy your trip to Florida, It's really warming up there now!

Chatty Crone said...

I agree how wonderful to see your grands grown up and having done so well.
I am surprised your fee was only $50 - everything has gone up so much now we decide what we really need or don't!
Enjoy your trip!
Nice of you to talk to that gal too. She probably liked it too.
sandie

happyone said...

Love the dancing in the rain photo!!
Remind me of me. :)
I agree there are a lot more good and honest people around then we think!!!
I've thanked my unknown friend for turning in my purse many times over!!!

Susie said...

Great pictures Jack. I like to think there are many more sweet honest people out in this world than bad ones. I try to be nice to all...hoping it helps. Crazy cost of living. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Sheila Y said...

Welcome back to Florida, hope the rest of the trip down went well. Take care, ❤️ Sheila

Lisa said...

Now you got me wanting a sweet roll.

Lisa