Saturday, March 16, 2024

So There it is…

 A picture from the Past.

 Grandson Ben less than a year old.


For Today:

We, (actually me) are faced with a tough decision about our lives.  This new to us coach needs some work.  I cannot find a ‘reliable’ local repairman that will or even can do the work. 

The problem involves a combination of electronic, electrical and hydraulics. It will be expensive, most of the problem I knew about when we bought it. I figured finding the repairman would be simple.  BUT…IT IS NOT THAT EASY, JACK

I was rejected by 6 repairmen that were recommended; one held the coach weeks before giving a diagnosis but acted like he would rather not do the job.

Now Sherry is leaving the decision up to me. So, Do I look for a place to trade it in or sell it outright.  I AM RELUCTANT to sell it because when I told a prospective buyer the problems, I am sure they would walk off,

The Ideal thing is get it fixed.  Presently that prospect is to drive to Iowa about 914 miles / 1471 km (one way). I think that is the route I am leaning.  It is a long way, but that is the location of the company that manufactured these jacks and hydraulics.

 

I don’t mind the time or distance, but with other irons in the fire it is sorta tough to make an appointment and handle other commitments. We have a few weeks to decide, I must wait on the results of my pappygram Appointment next month.…

We do thank the Lord that a part of our frustrations is slowing down; thanks to our prayers and the concern and prayers of others.

I know I sound like a complainer, but then I think of this old barn in the middle of a tobacco field:

I try to remember how blessed we are. Sherry's mother spent her early years (1 to 8 yrs) with her mother and several siblings here.  They lived in this one room Tobacco Barn on a tobacco farm and worked in the fields in eastern North Carolina.

NiteShipslog

PS:  Oh yes, ‘Thanks’ AGAIN to you all for stopping by the Shipslog..

6 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So sorry to hear of your problems and I sympathise with you. I know it's no consolation but it is the same over here. We needed a tradesman to do a job at home urgently. We contacted at least 20 different people and organisations - some lone workers and others large organisations. None were interested. Some said they'll attend to see the work needed and give an estimate. They did not attend and wasted our day waiting for them. Others attended, measured up, wasted an hour of their time, and then failed to send in an estimate of costs.

What is happening to the world? I rang a plumber to fix a dripping faucet. He said he'll attend on 12 April 2025. I said 2025? He said, yes, in the afternoon because in the morning I'm having an appointment to fix my car.

Wishing you well always my friend. God bless y'all.

salemslot9 said...

I know you know
The ins and outs
Changes
Maybe not using an rv anymore
Maybe house is too big
Maybe finding a new home
at this time in your lives
It all can still be exciting and lovely

Susie said...

Would it be easier and cheaper to fly and book rooms for your travels, Or get a big enough vehicle to just road trip to B and B's . I know what finding a proper mechanic is like. They are worth their weight in gold. Wishing you the best of luck. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Mevely317 said...

What a dilemma! I'm m no expert, but the route you're leaning gets my vote. Just pray y'all stay both comfortable AND safe. There's a bunch of idiots out there.

Chatty Crone said...

That is a DILEMMA! I am so sorry. If you go - call them first and make sure they can and will do it! lol

happyone said...

Not an ideal situation. I think (if I could afford it) I would trade it in.