Thursday, March 28, 2024

Your thoughts and comments

 A picture from the past:

Hanging diapers made me miss a special Boxing Match!

Now for today:

You will never know the many things that run thru my mind reading your comments, mainly now, about names and Treasures.  Everyone likes it when someone uses words that express what you have been trying to say.  We all appreciate someone agreeing or siding with our opinions or ideas, BUT, when someone is 180 degrees out of my thinking; I have thought, hey, they do have a point.

I believe it was Susie who said, “We spend years accumulating and years getting rid of it.” True dat!

Luke Vegas, yes Myra it does sound like a movie star’s name. He is now 29 and has OWNED his own home for at least 6 or 7 years. He knows how to handle money. He is still single, but I think he is in a serious relationship now.

There are many things’ you guys have written but be sure each comment and idea are appreciated. Victor gave me good info and cleared up questions concerning my lost photos...

And on treasures, MA is now about to end the process of complete downsizing, SOME of us know pretty well how she feels. And Chatty! Yeah I can imagine moving from a big 5 BR house to an apartment.

What is hard for me to understand, we have moved so many times and still have lots of STUFF, I cannot imagine how it would be to have lived in the same place for 30-50 years. I could have collected tons and tons of stuff! LOL

Myra has resettled several times and most likely Susan K has too, since she moved from Preacher’s Creek to the BIG California coast. She knows about hanging diapers and getting into trouble for sure.

I am rambling, I just wanted you to know what knowing you guys mean.  Friends that you have never seen is odd for someone as old as I, but you are friends.



Diapers? In the early 1964 I was going to listen to the Sonny Liston and Cassius Clay fight. I went out to hang diapers and planned to come back in to see Liston shut the loudmouth's mouth! However, coming back into the house, the fight was over, I did not get to hear it. Clay knocked out my man Sonny in the first round. There were no RERUNS or REPLAYS on the radio. If it had been TV today, I could have heard replays.  LOL

I know ALL of you remember Cassius Clay! Take care out there. I hope it is not raining when you hang our diapers!!  

Nite Shipslog

PS:

God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet. In person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU!  And YES. Cassius Clay is Mohamid Allie.  

10 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Jack, you give me a lot of credit about the photos comment. It was not me. I asked my techie guy to write a reply for you. I know little of computers and cameras; so I asked him to solve your problem for you. Let me know if I (or him) can help further.

You say you "get to know" your readers/commenters over time. Did you know I sometimes wear my left shoe on my right foot and my right shoe on my left foot? It's fun to walk that way and I often turn round suddenly; sometimes I just go round in circles. You should try it sometimes. Great fun and I find it's cheaper than drinking beer.

God bless. Happy Easter.

happyone said...

I remember hanging out diapers in the winter and they would freeze and they would have to thaw out.
Oh I agree, blogger friends are some of best ones.

Chatty Crone said...

I don't know about wearing shoes on the opposite foot. ??
I think of this Jack - I bought and bought and bought - redecorated over the years - we lived in the house 36 years - if only I had saved that money - I don't know - but we'd have more money for sure - because it comes down to - nothing was all that important to have.
Now even where we are - we have filled it to the brim again - and when we move again - there will be MORE to get rid of?
I am not sure why we do that!
I agree bloggers are good friends. I still write Darla every day.
Sandie

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We too have redecorated over the years. I always paint the walls over old paint. No need to scrape the old paint off. I always paint over the old coat of paint year after year after year.

Now the rooms are getting so small there is no room for us to fit in.

God bless.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I hung lots of diapers in my time. The sunshine whitens them better than anything else. I agree, bloggers are the best! I've found new friends all around the world and never met any in person. I miss those that used to write on their blogs and no longer do. I'll be blogging for as long as I can!

Mevely317 said...

How can Luke be 29 years old already?! I remember when you were building him a little apartment(?) when he was still in school.

Unlike my mother, I never had a real clothesline but just the mention of cloth diapers and I still recoil from the stench of the diaper pail. Phewwwwwy!

Current status? I'm still finding stuff we would have been better off leaving in Arizona. Shoulda falling off the truck!

Susie said...

Jack, When it rained on diapers hanging on the line, that was just another rinse. LOL. I hated to wash and hang diapers. but is sure beats the prices of the disposable ones. I feel when our children were in cloth diapers we did a faster job of potting training.
I understand the down sizing. My daughters wanted me to just toss things in the trash, while sorting. I then sacked up cards , notes, letters from them and their children. Told them, "Ok you read these and shred them, I just can't do it to most." Like a letter from my g.son , Jake...he wrote me after my favorite Nascar driver died in a wreck. Jake was just a tiny boy. It meant so much to me. And a letter my Son in law wrote me ...thanking me for my daughter being kind and sweet, and telling how much he loved her. Some things just touch our hearts and its hard to let go.
Be brave and strong. Hold you sweetheart tight. Easter blessings to you and your loved ones, xoxo, Susie
p.s. I think of you and your Sherry as my friends and many out there in blogland as family, and yes, I love you guys.

yaya said...

Hi Jack and Sherry! I hope you both have a wonderful Easter. This post brought back memories of using cloth diapers. My first born was a preemie and they didn't have preemie diapers back then. We had to cut diapers into quarters to fit his little bum! Downsizing has been on my mind for a while now and I've made a few advances in that area but sometimes it turns out into "Out with old and in with the new". Oh well, never give up! We've lived in this house 23yrs now and 17yrs in our previous one. My sister lives in the house my Dad built in 1951. Mom passed away in that house in 2020. 69yrs in the same place! However, she traveled this country with Dad and also all over the world in her lifetime. I think she enjoyed coming home to a place that once housed the love of her life as well as all us kiddos! It would be great if everyone lived the life that they love!

Glenda Hulbert said...

Oh, YES I do remember hanging diapers on the clothesline in bitter wind and freezing rain hitting those diapers, on occasion we had to wait for the sunshine before plucking them off the line. Life was not such a "Chair of Bowlies" [thank you, Erma Bombeck]....but we did what we had to do and I still believe those cotton soft diapers were superior to the nowadays out of a box, disposable, ijs.
Interesting pic, Jack, ya always have one!!! Love and warm hugs from Chobee,
Glenda

Glenda Hulbert said...

One more wish for y'all to have a most Happy Easter, enjoy your day and hug your boys and family for me, Love, Glenda