Tuesday, March 26, 2024

This and That and names

Pic from the past:

 


 Sherry's dad & mom and their first group of grand kids. The year 1954 Before Sherry and I were married.

Note:  Thanks Victor for the help and advice about my photo deletions.

For today:

WE say time flies, but we all know that is said after the time has flown.  Looking back, most of the times, the wait wasn’t as bad as I thought. Like Christmas to a boy awaiting his favorite toy under the tree.

Did you notice that we had an Earth quake awhile back that slowed the Earth's rotation by ten Micro seconds. If that happens a thousand or so more times, we will slow down a second. And it will seem like Spring will never get here....LOL

Being honest, these 85+ years of mine don’t seem so long, maybe they haven’t flown by, but it didn’t take 85 years methinks. LOL.

OH YEAH, I enjoy having a grand named Sherece Marie for one. She had a combined name of Sherry and Mary, her grandmothers. And there is Luke Vegas a combo of a Bible Character and Las Vegas. Come to think of it we have several Bible Characters. Matthew, Luke, Stephen (Steven), Joshua.

Our first Grandson was 4 or 5 when we met him. He came into our home when JJ married his mother. He was a cute kid with red hair, Corey.  I had ever heard the name, but I liked it..

 Then GGrands with neat names also. Of course Maverick is Unique, Kennedy too. Rosie and Elsie and the ones named Jack are super good. LOL  I also like Stella, I like to think Stella Bella. Then we have a Jude, biblical and of course there is ‘Hey Jude!’---- Wiley and Oliver are also used plus Joshua and Andrew.

Benjamin Aaron has the names of his two ggrandpas, while also being from the Bible.

Bible names are good, just glad none were named Jehosaphat, Amittai or Gathhepher!  IF one had been named Gathhepher, I would have been forced to call him Grasshopper!.......... Ah shucks, that wouldn’t be too bad.

Our troop taken by a lake in Utah. Only had two great grands at the time, both girls in arms, Elsie Mae and Stella Bella.

Just thinking with my fingers. Is there a unique name you like!

Nite Shipslog

PS:

God has allowed us to meet some of the best folk on the planet. In person and here on the net.  Thank you all for being here… and being YOU(No matter what your name is!)

 

4 comments:

Mevely317 said...

Okay, it's going to take me a while to think of some 'unique' names. Hard to beat Luke Vegas. That sounds like a movie star!

Speaking of treasures (last post), I love these old photos you're showing. There's just something about them (mine and yours and everyone else's) that draws me in. Perhaps the clothing or the hair ... just the purpose of standing and posing. Taking photographs "back then" was a deliberate thing. So unlike all the impromptu captures I get today with my phone.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What wonderful family pictures, both Shery's and your own. We too have several Biblical names in the family. We have a Marthew, Mark and Luke. Some have the middle name of John, but the most unique was my son Merrill, the youngest of the bunch who was named after Merrill Stuben from the show, the Love Boat. One of my grandson's is called Chase, and I always think of the Chase Bank when I hear his name. He does love to collect coins!

happyone said...

Lovely family photos. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Jack I read your other post on food and menus I guess, but I could not leave a message on it for some reason.
If you want chicken and dumplings check out Cracker Barrel.
I throw away the core of the cabbage.
Can't say much about fish stew.
My go to food is that I throw in chicken broth and a ton of every kind of veggies. There you go. Sometimes I throw a little cut up smoked sausage.

Now on this post - I am sure impressed with all your wonderful grands and great grands - I am jealous in a nice way. lol