Monday, November 10, 2008

Illigal

I have a thing about illegal aliens. I like the idea that someone wants to work and will work for a reasonable wage. However what happens when the economy sort of flops? Should an illegal be allowed to draw unemployment? I really do not think so.

President elect Obama is for some sort of amnesty.


McCain is also for some sort of amnesty along with Ted Kennedy.

I am for something, but not amnesty, I don’t know what I am for.
I am for enforcing the laws. I believe in work permits, and I think maybe a legal alien on a work permit should gain some sort of ‘points’, if he/she has been law abiding. I think maybe the permit should be renewed several times with points gained each time. After so many points the legal alien should pass the test for Citizenship.
I think open season should be allowed. All persons in this country illegally who have clean records (allowing two misdemeanors) should be given sixty days to register for an eighteen month, renewable permit; Reporting all income and paying taxes.

That should narrow down the field for deportation. Now everyone inside our borders without permission should be deported. Shoot, I am brilliant I can fix all our major problems, it is the simple things have problems with.

I know it cannot be that simple, but I am a simple man and that is the only way I see something good happening. Our government should not award an unlawful act.

I also have a hang up with our tax system. I think we all should support the country equally. Let some of the brains figure close to what it takes to run this country, and build a surplus. Divide that by the number of people over 22. Get that percentage required to operate. Make a national sales tax of what ever it takes, if it is 22% do it. If your income is less than the poverty level, you can file and get your taxes back. Don’t know how to file? Learn! Learning can only improve a person.

I also feel as Don does. I think the banks should live or die with their stupid decisions, other businesses have to live that way. I have a feeling most of the institutions would have worked out a way to continue to do business.

Tomorrow I will make a nice entry, please come back. LOL
Nite shipslog

PS:
I figured if Shirl could figure out how to Blog, the banks could have figured out how to live.

Now don’t you feel better


after bitching and

belly aching? YEAH!

Which area of Palestine was especially wealthy?
A. The area around Jordan .. The banks were always overflowing.


Q. Which Bible character had no parents?
A. Joshua, son of Nun.


Did you know it's a sin for a woman to make coffee?
Yup, it's in the Bible. It says . . 'He-brews'


*****Do I tell the president and congress my ideas? Sure I even tell them for the fun of it, they can write something up that sounds complicated to please everyone.
I always get an answer back, My latest answer was this:

On behalf of President Bush, thank you for your correspondence.We appreciate hearing your views and welcome your suggestions.Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House cannot respond to every message.Thank you again for taking the time to write.


5 comments:

betty said...

I'll come back, Jack; and I agree with your entry; no matter who is here illegally from whatever country should be deported. I feel for them and the countries they come from and the poor conditions of those countries, but there are ways to legally get into this country and legally work in this country. My dad emigrated here from Poland and he did it the legal way. My sister is currently living in the Netherlands and she/husband had to do everything legal to stay there. Why can't our country do the same????

oh well; hope the rest of the day is going well for you and Sherry

betty

Paula said...

You tell em' Jack. We seldom see illegals around here anymore. We did in the past. You do know the guys who take their money to transport them are called coyotes? When a lawman is on their tail they will dive through a fence and people scatter every direction. Later the owner of the truck reports it stolen.

shirl72 said...

I have even learned to spell blog. You would not let me get involved in Belmont I have to
be nice because everybody is kin. If you would like for me I will go to Washington and solved their problems. They don't know
anyone and I have not been solving anyones
problem lately. I have been out of the loop.

Shirl

Debbie said...

I'm glad you feel better after getting that off your chest, lol. You couldn't beat us off with a stick if ya tried, hahaha. I give Shirl alot of credit for hanging in there and showing her blog she is in charge, lol.
Debbie

Terri said...

Amen Jack!

Hugs
Terri