Friday, November 28, 2008

REFERENCE my entry of Nov. 9th...

I did not forget to be thankful for my lovely, wonderful, amazing, good-natured, sweet, etc, Sister She falls under FAMILY!!! LOL
BTW: She is now at the Hospital, she just called Sherry and let Vernon talk to his sister for a few minutes.

Today's entry... .... .... ..... ....

Back on November 9, I posted an entry entitled:

Can a Black President keep his promises?

The gist of the entry was: so far in this Republic NO ONE has been able to?

Now sources within the President-elect’s team leak the following, under anonymity, of course say:

a. The Bush tax cuts will stay in place until they die in 2011.
b. The stimulus package instead of $175 or $275 billion as promised will be closer to $500 to $700 Billion.

Now I am not upset, I am not picking on the upcoming administration. As I said Nov 9th No one has kept all their promises yet FROM EITHER PARTY. They promise the moon then say: We won’t be able to do this because….

What I said was: nothing has changed, the economic outlook is the same. Problem is, once elected it is now time for someone to put up or tell why not. The political excuses are already coming in.

I did like one statement by Axelrod. “The Big Three exec’s flew in, in their corporate jets to ask for money and they left empty handed. I hope they fly in commercial with a different plan after Jan 20th.” I agree whole heartedly!

We the public are tired of CEO’s getting OUTRAGEOUS bonuses while their companies lose money.
WE are tired of high priced parties at tax payer’s expense.

When we are asked to tighten our belts, we expect everyone to (Including politicians and CEO’s).

I said it here, I hope President Obama is the best president we have ever had. I hope the changes are not to give the farm away or kill the goose that lays the golden egg. But as in the past, we will just have to wait and see, huh?

By the way, I have not been invited to the inaugural have you? That is a joke, I don’t like crowds I may watch on TV.

Take care, God Bless America and God Bless the VET!

Nite Shipslog

PS:
WHAT IS A GRANDPARENT? (Taken from papers written by a class of 8-year-olds)

When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.

They show us and talk to us about the colors of the flowers and also why we shouldn't step on 'cracks.'

They don't say, 'Hurry up.'

Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.

4 comments:

Paula said...

No I haven't been invited and I don't like crowds either.

betty said...

great entry, Jack; nope, I wasn't invited, but that's okay; I don't like to travel to an area that could be potentially cold in the middle of winter :)

betty

Debbie said...

Dang, I guess my invitation got lost in the mail. I don't like crowds either. Oh, and I ain't never seen a plate of food worth a thousand bucks. The biggest raise I ever got was a quarter and then the next week there was always a little letter handed out saying our insurance was going up, so I really got rich, lol.
Debbie

shirl72 said...

Maybe I will just invite myself and crash the
party. I am tired of being left out of every
thing when they are spending my money without
even asking. I will ask for the Jet to fly me there. LOL What a joke.

Shirl