Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Meet Me at Gate Two!

Now how could you get mad at such a good looking sailor?
(even though he had left once to join the Marines, well he also left to join the Airforce, at least this time it was sensible, he had joind the Navy)



It was one of those times I took off and left Sherry behind, this time I had joined the Navy. I had been gone a few weeks and I knew I had a weekend liberty coming, so at the end of the conversation on the phone she had agreed to come up on Saturday morning. WE would spend the day talking in a motel room go out and eat and come back and talk some more. Sounded like a great weekend liberty. This time she was driving, it was usually me going to her. My last words were “Don't forget, Meet me at Gate two”.


The rest of the week I could hardly wait for Saturday. WOW, what a day that was going to be. WE had agreed to ten o’clock (I think). Saturday morning 0900, I stood outside Gate two NOB (Naval Operating Base) Norfolk. I was in Dress canvas, shoes shined and Dixie cup sitting on my head in a rake. Man I was cooler than the other 100,000 sailors around. I was salty, a hash mark seaman (Naval expression). LOL 1000 hrs. no Sherry, No problem traffic etc. 1030 hrs. no Sherry. What is happening? No way to contact anyone, she is transient, I am standing outside. Afraid to leave wanting to call NC to see if they had heard anything, but did not want to upset anyone there. Where could she be? 1100 hrs, 1130 hrs., I think it was around 1200, She drove up!


NO HUG, NO KISS, NO KISS MY___! JUST A DIRTY LOOK!

“SAILOR!!! DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY GATE TWO’S THERE ARE IN THIS TOWN?” says irate sailor’s wife.


“NO MA’M BUT I ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW?” says a very unnerved military man.


“WELL FOR YOU INFORMATION, AND THANKS TO THE SHORE PATROL, I NOW KNOW, THERE ARE AT LEAST TEN, AND I HAVE BEEN SITTING AT ONE OF THEM at A BASE CALLED ’LITTLE CREEK’, FOR THE PAST THREE HOURS WAITING FOR YOU, I COULD HAVE had a CHIEF OR THE COMMANDER THAT STOPPED TO TALK AND FLIRT, BUT NO, I KEPT WAITING UNTIL THE Shore patrol suggested you might be here! SO I CAME OVER HERE TO FIND YOU!”


She was so frustrated I had to perform the "Hind-Lick Maneuver" on her!


Well it was all very unfortunate. But the girl really DOES love me. WE finally did get to talk! (I think). LOL


Nite Shipslog


PS:
Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

********
A woman came home, screeching her car into the driveway, and ran into the house. She slammed the door and shouted at the top of her lungs, 'Honey, pack your bags. I won the lottery!' The husband said, 'Oh my God! What should I pack, beach stuff or mountain stuff?' 'Doesn't matter,' she said. 'Just get out.'

12 comments:

jack69 said...

Honey I thought you had for given me, why is my computer out here on the patio?
Jack
(She has her own computer on line now!)

Sandra said...

sorta reminds me when my husband was stationed in Norfolk but I wonder if I would have waited 3 hours..... she must love you
Sandra

Jean said...

Hi Jack, I'm sure Sherry has forgiven you. Maybe it wasn't as cool out on the patio down their as it is here,lol. I got Sticky yesterday and I know I'm going to enjoy it. I have your check in the mail. Take care, Jean

jun said...

i cant imagine you in the airforce, you look like you were quite handsome in your navy blues. Even my ex, leroy looked good in that airforce dress uniform.it was false advertizing though. lol
Sherry must be like me appreciative of a good lookin hubby in uniform. some women like to see a man in a suit and tie, thats nice but nothing ever moved me like that military uniform "blush"

betty said...

oh how funny!!! this is when a cell phone if both of you had one and they had been invented would have really come in handy!!

betty

Anonymous said...

Why in the world would they have 10 No.2 gates.
That would confuse anybody. How would you know
how to board a plane. No. 2 or No. 2.
I be a lot of people get confused.

Shirl

shirl72 said...

Why in the world would they have 10 no. 2 gates.
How would you know how to board a plane, gate No.2 or gate No. 2. I bet a lot of people get
confused with that many gate with the same No.
I have comfused myself trying to figure and 10
No. 2 gates.

Hope with your computer outside it want rain.

Shirl

Terri said...

Poor Sherry...

hahaha@ the hind lick maneuver..you crack me up Jack!!!

Great entry...

Hugs
Terri

Paula said...

This entry is priceless. I bet you talked all right.

Woody said...

How well I remember NawFawk, and Little Creek at the Marina. The "Kitty Kat" club and Capt. Nemo's and getting out onto Highway 17 with my cardboard sign saying "New York"... Theres a letter in the mail for you. Oh the memories....

Woody

Heli gunner Tom said...

Yeah, right... 'the Navy gets the gravy and the Army gets the beans..' My dad was Navy, and that is why I joined the Army... lol. I figured, if I die it will be on terra firma, but I ended up flying 7 days a week in Huey Helicopters as a door gunner, 240th AHC- Bear Cat, RVN. It worked out OK and I take pride in my military service and use that knowledge and training every day of my life.

Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com

Debbie said...

It's a good thing Sherry loves you so much or you woulda got the Hind Kick Maneuver. LOL @ her putting your computer on the patio, sounds like ya need to do a little more Hind Lickin',hahaha.
Debbie