Monday, February 8, 2010

My FLAG (again) and Where I was born!

Sherry's brother Lefty was on Iwo Jima when this picture was made!
These are OUR Symbols, other countries have their own.

My last entry was one that I don’t need to repeat. BUT To reinforce what I said, that story was checked on Snopes and is true. It happened at a school in California. WE all know that many other Nationalities are PROUD of their flag, as they should be, but this incident was about MY FLAG, MY COUNTRY and it is disappointing it is not respected.



I feel cool air down here. Someone up there close your door, the cold is getting out. I am expecting that any day for Al Gore to start working on this Global freeze. (LOL)

Okay I must admit I have lost my mind. My BIL Sonny, always carried a little note book in his pocket. All his important notes were in it. If he misplaced it he always said, “I have lost my mind!” I always thought it was a good line.
I have had this entry in my mind and I thought I had used it, but I can’t find it. So I will try again.
A while ago I found the address where I was born. Of course like most intelligent folk, I was born at home. We knew how it was done so there was no need in mama going to any hospital. She and I could do it at home. So we did. At 810 Gibbons St. in Gastonia. I am sure a monument or plaque has been erected to commemorate my birth. Surely the neighbors know and remember.

I got this e-mail from a cousin who calls himself Howard. He says put that address in and you will see where you were born. Well I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck. I have been sent to look for the plug to sink Parris Island; I have looked for a SKY HOOK. I got an e-mail from Ora (or some other smarty pants) that says ‘click here’, if you think no one cares. I did, & I got a stupid monkey from the IRS laughing. Another e-mail says ‘ENTER YOUR NAME’ and I will see the picture on your driver’s license, I got the same stupid monkey laughing.
So here I go typing in Gibbons St. Knowing I am going to end up at the Memphis ZOO with a monkey laughing. BUT:
Nope, I got to see where I was born.
Check it out:

Really nice website ! virtual turnpike!

http://www.vpike.com/
This site is great. Sherry has already went down town and moved around.

Have fun. Thanks for coming by the log.

Nite Shipslog

PS:
Before the funeral services, the undertaker came up to the very elderly widow and asked,'How old was your husband?''98,' she replied, 'Two years older than me''So you're 96,' the undertaker commented.She responded, 'Hardly worth going home, is it?
ps2: There was no placque or memorial at my birth house, Some things are so disappointing, I am DEPRESSED



6 comments:

Lucy said...

I thoroughly agree about the flag. I have Marty's dads and Alan's. So you think you deserve a plaque of memorial at your birth house. Never fear, I am sure you will never be forgotten. Need to go out in this windy cold weather so must go. 8 degrees with the sun shining bright.

Melanie said...

thats a cool web site there Jack....although i could not tell you the last time I put flowers on my porch...lol


Melanie

shirl72 said...

Guess I will find my birth certificate and then try. The Dr. made a mistake on my birth certificate he put 1934 mark it out and put 36. I may have been a mistake like you said If I was then why did you come along. I guess we
are both mistakes HEE HEE But we were loved.

Shirl

Anonymous said...

How very intersting to read.

Please have you all a wonderful Tuesday.

betty said...

figures that flag incident would happen in California; sometimes I think we are an annex to Mexico

betty

Fred Alton said...

Alas! There is no street address where I was born and the house burned long ago! I can find it though - with Google Maps. For some un-known reason my exceeding greatness hath escaped the notice of the few folks that remain in the little town of Lacoochee!