Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sherry us SO CUTE! Motor home fun!

Sonny and I having a saspirilla at the LOng Branch
Sonny and Colette at the Long Branch in Dodge City.

My last visit with Sonny was at Vickie's birthday.


Before I begin, Thanks for the out pouring of love, sympathy and understanding. From ones who have lost family lately, for those who remember the sorrow and from Woody who just buried his best friend a few short weeks ago. I am posting the entry I had prepared for yesterday. I don’t feel much like more now. (when our families get together even though there has been a death, there are still light hearted times remembering the funny things in Sonny & Colette’s lives.)


This entry is about my girl and ‘sometimes lover!

There are times I go to bed after Sherry and I will leave my girl love notes! She always gets up before me because she hasn’t learned to sleep in. Every once in a while I will leave her a note asking a question. Etc.
Being a very conservative (cheap) person, I cut my waste printer paper in quarters and use the blank side for notes. Notes for my book or research etc. the stack is right in front of my key board.

A couple days ago I thought she might want to go out for breakfast. So before retiring I made a note saying: “If you want to go out for breakfast, wake me.”

I stumbled up the next morning; she had breakfast on the table. I sat down, reached over and took the note and wadded it up. I said, “Well I guess you didn’t want to go out.”

My sweetheart of 53 years, the one I sleep with, the only other person in the danged motor home says sweetly, “So YOU are the one who wrote the note, I wasn’t sure, IT WASN’T SIGNED!”

Now I will admit, I usually sign it ‘your secret admirer’, or ’your lover’ etc. I had forgotten to sign it.
Leave it to a woman to know how to make a point, huh?

Thanks for coming by the log,
Nite Shipslog
PS:
Actual questions and answers from kids, (via Evelyn):


WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
-Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough. -- Lynnette, age 8 (isn't she a treasure)


-On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date. -- Martin, age 10

WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
-When they're rich.. -- Pam, age 7 (my kinda person)
-The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn't want to mess with that. - - Curt, age 7
-The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It's the right thing to do. - - Howard, age 8

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT IS IMPORTANT TO BE ARTICULATE. sam

Ally Lifewithally said...

I loved that you didn't sign that note ~ very funny ~ Ally x

Paula said...

That was nice of Sherry to let you sleep and go ahead and fix your breakfast. I think you should keep her,

betty said...

LOL, love Sherry's sense of humor :)

take care you two; I'm sad for your loss but I know you'll see Sonny and his dear wife one day and spend eternity with them

betty

shirl72 said...

Leaving notes is funny, just like you both mail e-mail each other siting across the table.
Bro you must sign (them there) notes. Senile
moments are creaping in.

Shirl

Dar said...

Love Sherry's sense of humor...you two share something priceless...so hang on for the great ride.
I was thinking of you two this morning as I wrote my post for the day....I pray you are making the best of the day...like you said, lighthearted memories are getting you through. God Bless and Travel Safe...isn't it something how God changes our 'direction'....

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

that is really so sweet of you to leave notes and your wife sense of humor brings more happiness for you both,how i wish someday to have someone to share happy moments like you and sherry,take care both of you...really glad to hang in here co'z im learning a lot...thanks


hugssssss,
blue*

~mel said...

I wasn't sure who wrote it...hahaha
Have a wonderful day you little sweethearts ... and Jack... quit being so cheap and go buy a notebook. Better yet ~ get some stationery with your name on it then Sherry won't have to ask. lol

Lucy said...

I didn't back to you for a day or so. You and Sherry have so much special in your life but the main thing is love and understanding and a great sense of humor. You 2 are a joy to hear from. I agree that remembering the good times when a loved one has passed is all a good part of the grieving process.

Woody said...

Hang in there! It is strange, some people come into and out of our lives and its just life as usual, however, some people come into our lives, stay around awhile and their leaving is devestating, there is a song I sing and the last verse is,

It's not what you take, when this world you leave behind you.. Its what's you leave behind you when you go,

It appears Sonny left a lot behind him when he left.

Take Care you 2!