Thursday, July 5, 2012

Enjoyable like an Enema

We just go new phones! That is a thrill to young folk, but a pain in the butt to old folk. It rings, how in heck do you answer it?  What happened to that text message?

How do I delete this, uh oh, I just sent a blank message. Shoot, I called Aunt Julie by mistake! Contacts?  Uh oh just dialed someone else?

SO I DID NOT MEANT TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS (What ever the heck they were to start with!)

We got these phones because they are supposed to change voice to text so I can communicate. I Made the first text, and didn’t know how to send it.

THIS Stuff DRIVES ME TO DRINK!

Yeah, I know Jimmy, just buy a new computer and enjoy that too! LOL

Then you ask a kid to tell you how to do something. Oh that is simple, jut touch this icon and slide it to the right, catch this one and slide it down. reach over and grab the Y and put it in the box. There you got it.  I have?  First of all it ain’t no telephone, it is an entire switchboard without an operator.

I remember when Sonya got hers. She was so thrilled, oh I can do this, I can do that, etc. Well Sonya must be 20 years old and she and George had Kate when she was two. LOL

Sherry is pretty good at answering it now, amazing ain’t it, to be proud to know how to answer a phone!  It used to be simple, just pick it up and say hello, not knowing who was on the other end. Shucks now when you call someone they know who you are, what color hair you have and how tall you are. Soon they will know you DNA and recognize your finger prints.

Have I gripped enough? The salesman and our son jack says you are gonna love this thing!!!!

I’m not so ‘chure’!

Thanks for listening, if you have any advice please send it. Shut up Sonya, I don’t want to know how simple it is!  LOL  Ain’t this all so much fun.

Nite Shipslog

PS:

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

****************************************************

1951 Sunbeam Talbot 90

Rose sent me some beautiful British classics.

This is1951 Sunbeam Talbot!  Love them fenderskirts!!!

12 comments:

Louis la Vache said...

hee hee...
A bit of the technophobe are you, Jack?
;-D

The fender skirts on the Sunbeam Talbot remind «Louis» of these fender skirts on a '47 Packard Clipper.

betty said...

LOL, Jack. I truly understand. That's one reason why I don't want to update our phones. First I don't want a smart phone that is smarter than me and then to have to get used to a whole new phone. Heck, I've had this one for five years and I still don't know how to turn it from vibrate to ring and back again.

Good luck with it!

betty

shirl72 said...

I know how you feel. I can't even
operate my computer. I want to live back when things were simple.

They are to complicated for me.
I will stick to my old phone it
does the job. Good luck.

Paula said...

I feel your pain. I recently got a new phone. Now I know what all that texting fun is. I'm slow at it but I do know how now. My new one is still an antique compared to the ones people are using now but I like it 'cause I can see it. I had to laugh @ myself one night I was playing with it and took a picture of the nightstand.

Ken Riches said...

We have Droids and love it, but we still have so much to learn after more than a year...

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Hang in there...little by little you'll get used to those new phones. I was lucky to have two of my sons and my sister for help. It didn't take long at all to adapt. Now I don't even have to ask questions. It's true I think that younger people take to all these changes easier, but I love mine now and wouldn't be without it.

Cindi said...

Po-boi wants us to get the new Iphones or Droids, why? my phone still works I tell em, for the very reasons you have stated...Ugh I loathe learning a new cell phone...lol

Y said...

I got a smart phone; now I really feel and look stupid.

I also remember when I could work any TV in anybody's house...

Dar said...

If it's smarter than me, no thanks. I hate change as well as the next guy but enjoy it once I'm educated into the new realm. E-gads, My heart goes out to you. I still have not mastered a tracfone, let alone my vintage PC. Life sucks sometimes, Jack, but I'm sure you will adapt and love it. I think being without your hearing might not be worse than not seeing so well. At least you can see to read lips. Aging is not all it's cracked up to be. Like Dad always said, the only thing Golden about the Golden Years was his pee. Good luck with that new-fangled thang!
BlessYourHearts

Anonymous said...

I understand your sentiments. It's not that I don't love the new technology; it's just that I resent the TIME it takes to learn to operate it.

TARYTERRE said...

I got a new phone a while back and it was so much fun fooling with it. We LOVED it. But then a year or so later, out of the blue they updated it, remotely moving everything everywhere. And we're still trying figure it out. HANG IN THERE, Jack. You'll get the hang of it.

Rose said...

Time is needed to get familiar with any new piece of technology. I still have a plain flip phone. I figure I'm on my computer enough that I don't need one in my purse!

Yet, there were days that I wish I had a new Droid phone. My daughter loves hers. I just don't want the added monthly expense.

Glad you are enjoying the new British classic cars!

Hugs, Rose